The description of the book says:
- Chapter 1 - Genealogy’s Standard of Proof
- Chapter 2 - Concepts Fundamental to the GPS
- Chapter 3 - GPS Element 1: Thorough Research
- Chapter 4 GPS Element 2: Source Citations
- Chapter 5 GPS Element 3: Analysis and Correlation
Chapter 6 GPS Element 4: Resolving Conflicts and Assembling Evidence
- Chapter 7 GPS Element 5: The Written Conclusion
- Chapter 8 - Using the GPS
- Chapter 9 - Conclusion
- Appendix A - Pritchett Article
- Appendix B - McLain Article
- Reading and Source List
- Answers to exercises
I ordered my book when the press release was published, and received it just before the NGS 2013 Conference.
If you are interested in improving your genealogical research, analytical skills, and writing skills, and perhaps being a professional genealogist in the future, you NEED this book, you NEED to read it carefully, and apply the principles taught in this book.
What can you do once you get your book?
1) There are online Study Groups for this book - you can see more details about the groups at Angela McGhie's blog, Adventures in Genealogy Education. Here are links to learn about and join a "Gen Proof Study Group":
* "Gen Proof" Groups to Study Mastering Genealogical Proof
* Gen Proof Study Groups – How To Get In
There may be a waiting list for the Gen Proof Study Groups due to demand and mentor availability, and there will be homework required for members of each study group to perform and share with their peers in the group and their mentor.
2) DearMYRTLE will start a weekly Hangout on Air (run through her Google+ DearMYRTLE's Genealogy Community) and accessible on YouTube on the DearMYRTLE YouTube Channel. The panelists are already picked, but anybody can VIEW the Hangouts on the YouTube channel live, or anytime after the event. There is homework for this online study group. Comments during the live event can be made in a stream thread on the DearMYRTLE's Genealogy Community.
The live weekly Hangouts on air will be at 8 p.m. EDT, 7 p.m. CDT, 6 p.m. MDT, 5 p.m. PDT on Sundays, starting 16 June 2013. A VIEWer Guide video is available on YouTube here. An orientation HOA was held last Sunday, and is available on YouTube here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/06/tuesdays-tip-mastering-genealogical.html
Copyright (c) 2013, Randall J. Seaver