It's Monday, 30 September, so we will dock in Puntarenas, Costa Rica 7 a.m.according to the cruise schedule.
The cruise ship offers a number of excursions on shore. Since this is a new place for us, we'll probably have an excursion. We have to keep it mild or moderate activity because Linda can't walk very far or fast these days. The tours that we might take include:
* Costa Rica's Favorites - bus to the Pacific Rain Forest Aerial Tram to fly through the rainforest canopy, have lunch, take a guided hike through the forest, and take a covered open boast on the Tarcoles River (with crocodiles). That's 9 hours.
* Pacific Boat, Boat and Bus Adventure - ride an ancient train in a one-hour scenic tour, then take a bus to the Tarcoles river for a 45 minute boat ride (crocodiles!), and a buffet lunch. This is less than 5 hours.
* Puntarenas Coastal Ortientation (Panoramic Scenic Drive) - Tour hills, mountains, plains, valleys, riverbeds, and towns, including a farmer's market. Only 3.25 hours.
* Scarlet Macaw Sanctuary, Boat Tour and country Drive - A guided boat tour and the Macaw Sanctuary (only 4.5 hours).
* Several others are 8 to 9 hours long and are more expensive.
We leave Puntarenas at 6 p.m. on our way to the Panama Canal on Wednesday.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2013, Randall J. Seaver