Here is a photograph from our wedding albums:
This is one of those traditional wedding group photographs - the happy bride and groom and their parents.
Pictured here are, from the left:
* Leo Severt "Papa Lee" Leland (1911-2002), Linda's father
* Edna May "Mama Lee" (Schaffner) Leland (1913-1979), Linda's mother
* Linda J. (Leland) Seaver, the bride
* Randall J. Seaver, the lucky groom
* Betty Virginia (Carringer) Seaver (1919-2002), Randy's mother
* Frederick Walton Seaver (1911-1983), Randy's father.
This picture was taken in the church after the wedding ceremony and before the reception. I was gazing at the eternal beauty of Linda, or Papa Lee said something funny when the picture was taken. She's holding the bouquet in her right hand in this photo and I'm still holding my pants up with my right hand. Both sets of parents were happy to attend and participate in this ceremony. It's the only time I saw my father in a tuxedo.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2013, Randall J. Seaver