1. FULL NAME: Henry Austin Carringer
2. Place of Death: (A) County: San Diego
(B) City or town: San Diego
(C) Name of Hospital or Institution: Quintard Hospital .
(D) Length of Stay: In Hospital or Institution: 2 days In This Community: 59 yrs In California: 59 yrs.
(E) If foreign born, how long in the U.S.A.:
3. Usual Residence of Deceased: (A) State: California
(B) County: San Diego
(C) City or Town: San Diego
(D) Street No.: 2115 30th Street
(E) If Veteran, Name of War: No
(F) Social Security No.: None
4. Sex: Male
5. Color or Race: White
6. (A) Single, Married, widowed or Divorced: Widowed
(B) Name of Husband or Wife: Della A. Carringer
(C) Age of Husband or Wife if Alive: ---
7. Birthdate of Deceased: November 26, 1853
8. Age: 93 Yrs 0 Mos 4 Days
9. Birthplace: Mercer County , Pennsylvania .
10. Usual Occupation: Woodshop Foreman
11. Industry or Business: Retired
12. Father's Name: David J. Carringer
13. Father's Birthplace: Pennsylvania
14. Mother's Maiden Name: Rebecca Spangler
15. Mother's Birthplace: Pennsylvania
16. (A) Informant: Lyle L. Carringer
(B) Address: 2115 30th St., San Diego, Calif.
17. (A) Cremation
(B) Date: Dec 3 1946
(C) Place: Cypress View Crematory
18. (A) Embalmer's signature: R. W. Sanburn License No. 608
(B) Funeral Director: Benbough Mortuary Address: 711 Date St., San Diego, Calif. By: G. Doran
19. (A) Date Filed: 12/3/46
(B) Registrar's Signature: Alex M. Larson, M.D.
20. Date of Death: Month: November Day 30 Year 1946 Hour 9 Minute 00 AM
21. MEDICAL CERTIFICATE: I hereby Certify that I attended the Deceased from Nov 28 1946 to Nov 30 1946 That I has saw h im alive on Nov 30 1946 and that death occurred on the date and hour stated above.
Immediate cause of death: Cerebral hemorrhage
Due to: arteriosclerotic disease
Other Conditions: None
Major Findings: of operations: None performed Of Autopsy -----
22 CORONER'S CERTIFICATE [blank]
23. If Death was due to external causes, fill in the following: [blank]
Address: 3701 - 4th Date: 12-3-46
STATE OF CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
CERTIFICATE OF DEATH
U.S. DEPT. OF COMMERCE BUREAU OF THE CENSUS
The source citation for this death certificate is (using the Evidence Explained template for a Death Certificate, local level):
Henry Austin Carringer, Certificate of Death, Local Registration District 3701 (San Diego), Registrar's No. 2717 (1946), State of California Department of Public Health, San Diego, California.
I don't see any obvious errors on this form. The signatures are difficult to read and may be erroneous on the transcript above.
As a result of this death certificate, I now know his birth and death dates and places, her parents names, her husband's name, their address, the cause of death, the place and time of death, the physician's name, and the disposition of his body.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/05/treasure-chest-thursday-post-212-death.html
Copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver