Thursday, December 4, 2014
Treasure Chest Thursday - Post 242: Death Record of Alexander Sovereen (1814-1907)
It's Treasure Chest Thursday - time to look in my digital image files to see what treasures I can find for my family history and genealogy musings.
The treasure today is the death record of Alexander Sovereen (1814-1907) in Norfolk County, Ontario, Canada:
The record for Alexander Sovereen is at the bottom right of the right-hand page:
The data extracted from this record is:
* Name of deceased: Sovereen Alexander
* Sex: Male
* Date of Death: 15th August 1907
* Age: 93
* Residence, Street number, or Concession and Lot: Lot 21 Con 11
* Occupation: Farmer
* Single or Married: Married
* Where Born: Middleton
* Cause of Death: Old Age
* Length of illness: Four days
* Name of Physician in Attendance: None
* Religious Denomination: Baptist
* Name of Person Making Return: Corman, W.W.
* Date of Registration: 16th August 1907
The source citation for this death record is:
"Ontario Deaths, 1869-1938 and Overseas Deaths, 1939-1947," indexed database and digital image, Ancestry.com (http:// www.ancestry.com : accessed 22 January 2014), 1907, Norfolk County, Windham division, no page number, No. 30 (penned), No. 21135 (stamped), Alexander Soverns entry.
Ancestry.com has this record with images, but FamilySearch does not. However, FamilySearch indexed it correctly as "Sovereen." The surname spelling is very clear to me, but I'm familiar with the spelling variations for this surname.
Alexander Sovereen (1814-1907) is my third great-grandfather.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver