Thomas Dill's list of probate documents is on the right-hand page, the second one down from the top. The docket says:
* 1821, Sept. 13, Guardian's Appointment, Volume 40, Page 145
* 1832, Oct. 29, Petition for Discharge of Samuel Freeman, Volume 259, Page 200*
* 1832, Oct. 31, Account of Samuel Freeman Filed and Allowed, Volume 52, Page 409
* 1832, Oct. 31, Bond of J.P. Atwood Filed and Approved, Volume 252, Page 43*
* 1832, Oct. 31, Letter of Appointment of J.P. Atwood, Volume 46, Page 0
* 1838, Oct. 31, Account of J.P. Atwood Filed and Allowed, Volume 61, Page 72
* 1826, Mar. 29, Guardian's Account, Volume 45, Page 196
I could not find the second and fourth items on the list in these records. I did find the following:
1) The 1821 Guardian's Appointment in Volume 40, Page 145 (right-hand page):
This document is almost unreadable. Samuel Freeman was appointed guardian of "Spendthrift" Thomas Dill.
2) The 1826 Guardian's Account in Volume 45, Page 196 (middle of left-hand page):
Samuel Freeman filed his account for 1822 to 1826.
3) 1832 Guardian's Account of Samuel Freeman in Volume 52, Page 409 (middle of left-hand page):
Samuel Freeman filed his account for 1827 to 1832.
4) 1832 Appointment of Joshua P. Atwood as Guardian in Volume 46, Page 20 (left-hand page):
5) 1838 Account of Joshua P. Atwood in Volume 61, Page 72 (left-hand pages):
This account goes through 31 October 1838, so I think that Thomas Dill probably died before 31 October 1838. I had only an estimate of after 1830 for a death date previously.
I will try to transcribe some of these pages in future blog posts.
Once again, Ancestry.com did not index the principal person for each probate record - in this case they indexed the probate docket page for Thomas Dill (1755-1838).
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver