Today's treasure is the account of David Kirby documenting the distribution of his father's estate in 1794. See Ichabod Kirby's will in Amanuensis Monday - Post 312: 1788 Will of Ichabod Kirby (1705-1793) in Bristol County, Mass.
The Account image is:
The transcription of this record is (transcribed line by line):
May the 3d Day 1794
heare followeth a just accompt of David Kerby administration
to the Estate of Ichabod Kerby Late of Westport Deceased in the
County of Bristol.
the accompt Charges him Self with an Inventory in Lawfull
money to the amount of £359=4=11.0
administrator prays allowance for the several
Disburstments as followeth in Lawfull money
N1 to Rachael Kerby her Recept £47=0=9.0
2 to John Kerby his Recept 49=3=9.2
3 to Reachel Kerby Jun her recept 12=13=0.
4 to David Briggs his Recept 1=17=6.
5 to Temperance Wilbor her Recept 1=17=6.0
6 to David Sowle his Recept 1=17=6.0
7 to Jeremiah Brownell his Recept 1=17=6.0
8 to Humphrey White his Recept 1=17=6.0
9 to Humphrey Kerby his Recept 0=7=6.0
10 to Ichabod Wilbor his Recept 0=7=6.0
11 to Robert Kerby his Recept 0=7=6.0
The source citation for this account is:
Ichabod Kirby Family Papers (loose papers on scrapbook page, created after 1801 by unknown persons), digital image of loose papers privately held by Susanne Nisbet, [address for private use], Wake Forest, N.C., 2016 (7th great-grandchild of Ichabod Kirby), Account of David Kirby, administrator, 1794; Provenance is David Kirby family of Westport, Mass. ca 1801 to Susanne Nisbet 2016, provided to Randy Seaver March 2016 via email.
I tried to figure out who these persons were on this list:
1) Racheal Kerby is the widow of Ichabod, Rachel (Allen) Kirby
2) John Kerby is the first son of Ichabod and Rachel (Allen) Kirby
3) Reachel Kerby is the daughter of Ichabod and Rachel (Allen) Kirby
4) David Briggs is the husband of Elizabeth Wilbor, the daughter of Ruhamah (Kirby) Wilbor, daughter of Ichabod and Rachel (Allen) Kirby
5) Temperance Wilbor is the daughter of Ruhamah (Kirby) Wilbor, daughter of Ichabod and Rachel (Allen) Kirby
6) David Sowle is probably the husband of one of the daughters of Ruhamah (Kirby) Wilbor, daughter of Ichabod and Rachel (Allen) Kirby
7) Jeremiah Brownell is the husband of Rebecca Kirby, daughter of John Kirby, son of Ichabod and Rachel (Allen) Kirby
8) Humphrey White is the husband of Sibel (Kirby) White, daughter of Ichabod and Rachel (Allen) Kirby
9) Humphrey Kirby is the son of John Kirby, son of Ichabod and Rachel (Allen) Kirby
10) Ichabod Wilbor is the son of Ruhamah (Kirby) Wilbor, daughter of Ichabod and Rachel (Allen) Kirby
11) Robert Kirby is the son of John Kirby, son of Ichabod and Rachel (Allen) Kirby
The only person I have not identified is David Sowle. It is possible that he is the husband of Marcy Kirby, daughter of John and Phoebe (Waite) Kirby. It is more likely that he is the husband of Ruhamah, Mehitable or Temperance Wilbor, daughters of Ebenezer and Ruhamah (Kirby) Wilbor. He may be a guardian for one of the minor Wilbor children. There is a David Sowle, born in 1761 in Westport, who married Peace Sherman in 1789. A David Sowle married Phebe Kirby in 1790. A David Sowle married Mary Russell in 1799. So I haven't figured out how David Sowle is involved here.
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver