My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* 3 Ways to Improve Your Genealogy Blog by Lisa Louise Cooke on Lisa Louise Cooke's Genealogy Gems blog. I got two out of three.
* Where Do I Begin and End My Ancestor's Story by Lynn Palermo on The Family History Writing Studio blog. Lynn has suggestions.
* Finding and Understanding Removal Orders in England by Lorine McGinnis Schulze on the Legacy News blog. Excellent explanation, fascinating example.
* The Periodic Table of Genealogy Technology by John D. Reid on the Canada's Anglo-Celtic Connections blog. An interesting concept.
* No Magic Bullet by Judy G. Russell on The Legal Genealogist blog. Judy discusses why DNA testing would not have helped much for one ancestral mystery.
* Concepts – Why DNA Testing the Oldest Family Members is Critically Important by Roberta J. Estes on the DNAeXplained - Genetic Genealogist blog. Roberta makes an important point here.
* No, Actually We're Not Related by Judy G. Russell on The Legal Genealogist blog. Yep.
* A Challenging Upper Canada (Ontario) Puzzle by Lorine McGinnis Schulze on the Ask Olive Tree Genealogy blog. Lorine helps out a fellow looking for John Smith with excellent ideas for all Ontario researchers.
* How FindAGrave Could - and Should - Be Made Better by Amy Johnson Crow on the Amy Johnson Crow blog. Great suggestions.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 21 October 2016 by Crissouli on That Moment in Time blog.
* GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 21 October 2016 by Jill Ball on the GeniAus blog.
* Recommended Reads by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds 21 October 2016 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Week: 22 October 2016 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- October 22, 2016 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (October 22, 2016) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
* Weekly Genealogy Picks by John Newmark on the TransylvanianDutch blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/10/best-of-genea-blogs-16-to-22-october.html
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.