My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or arepoignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Strategic Thinking: A Research Plan by Jill Morelli on the Genealogy Certification: My Personal Journal blog. Jill provides an excellent methodology for developing strategic research plans.
* LeVar Burton’s Keynote at RootsTech 2017 – From Kunta Kinte to Star Trek and The Power of Imagination by Roberta J. Estes on the DNAeXplained -- Genetic Genealogy blog. Roberta summarizes this stirring keynote at RootsTech 2017.
* What #RootsTech was Like for an #InnovatorShowdown Finalist by Louis Kessler on Louis Kessler's Behold Genealogy blog. A first-person, amazing, account of Louis's days at RootsTech.
* The Coaching Lab: Forensic Genealogy from Inquiry to Affidavit by Cari Taplin on Angela McGhie's Adventures in Genealogy Education blog. Cari describes this SLIG course.
* Are There Really Genealogy Brick Walls? by Michael John Neill on the Rootdig.com Blog. Michael discusses this issue and has suggestions.
* Get Your ROOKIE On by Pat Richley-Erickson on the DearMYRTLE Genealogy Blog. Pat and her panel try a new task - making a video with Adobe Spark.
* Feeding the Trees by Tony Proctor on the Parallax View blog. Tony discusses the current state of online family trees and his vision of a better system.
* What Makes a Great Genealogist? Perseverance? Creativity? Je Ne Sais Quoi? by Diane L. Richard on the Upfront With NGS blog. An interesting question. I think it's solving difficult research problems over a long period of time.
* The New Living DNA Test: A Review of My Results by CeCe Moore on the Your Genetic Genealogist blog. CeCe compares her Living DNA test results with her known ancestry.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 17th February 2017 by Crissouli on the That Moment In Time blog.
* Friday's Family History Finds by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Brsnches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds: Week 7 - 2017 by Martin Roe on the Norwegian Genealogy and then some blog.
* Friday Finds 17 Feb 2017 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- February 18, 2017 Tby Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (February 18, 2017) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/02/best-of-genea-blogs-12-to-18-february.html
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.