My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or arepoignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* There is No Genealogical Magic by Michael John Neill on the Rootdig.com blog.
* The Last of Our Kind by Wayne Shepheard on the Discover Genealogy blog.
* Organize Your Genealogy: Tips from a Professional Organizer by Amy Johnson Crow on the Amy Johnson Crow blog.
* Step-by-Step: My Intractable Problem by Jill Morelli on the Genealogy Certification: My Personal Journal blog.
* Meet the Man Who Claimed to Have the World's Longest Last Name by Stacy Conradt on the Mental Floss blog. Heh.
* Keeping Your Multiple Trees Updated by Kitty Cooper on Kitty Cooper's Blog.
* Genealogy 101: #14 Marriage Licenses by Gena Philibert-Ortega on the GenealogyBank Blog.
* Four Reasons Why the 1910 Census is My Favorite by Amie Bowser Tennant on the My Kith N Kin blog.
* Serendipity by Michael Dwyer on the Vita Brevis blog.
* I Finally Found My Elusive Female (Twin) Ancestors in Findmypast's Records by Niall Cullen on the Findmypast Blog.
* A Sneak Peek from the Underground Labs by Michael Booth on the RootsMagic Blog.
* Adding to the Collection by Jacqi Stevens on the A Family Tapestry blog.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Favorite Reads of the Month – February 2017 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
* Friday Fossicking 2rd March 2017 by Crissouli on the That Moment In Time blog.
* Friday's Family History Finds by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Brsnches on the Family Tree blog.
* My High Fives by Dianne Nolin on the Genealogy: Beyond the BMD blog.
* Follow Friday ~ Fab Finds for March 3, 2017 by Jana Last on Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog.
* Friday Finds: Week 9 - 2017 by Martin Roe on the Norwegian Genealogy and then some blog.
* Saturday Finds 4 March 2017 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- March 4, 2017 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/03/best-of-genea-blogs-26-february-to-4.html
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.