My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Atlas of Historical County Boundaries Returns! by Thomas MacEntee on the GeneaBloggers blog.
* Episode 186 – Fisher and Lambert on ‘Rent a Grave’ in Europe / Ancestry’s Genetic Communities by Ryan Bennett on the Extreme Genes blog.
* Who Do You Think You Are? Live! Show for 2017 is a Success and My Pictures from the Who Do You Think You Are? Live! Show by Dick Eastman on the Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter blog.
* The journey to webinar #500, plus free access this weekend by Geoff Rasmussen on the Legacy News blog.
* Tips for Genealogy Burn Out by Katie Andrews Potter on The In-Depth Genealogist blog.
* Speaker Handouts From WDYTYA? Live 2017 from the SOG by John D. Reid on Canada's Anglo-Celtic Connections blog.
* 8th Grade Family History Project: My Story in American History by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
* Genie Trips by Hilary Gadsby on the Worldwide Genealogy ~ A Genealogical Collaboration blog.
* WDYTYA? - Researching for Smokey Robinson by Tina Sansone on the Tennessee Genealogical Society Blog.
* What's YOUR Plan for FTM 2017? by Russ Worthington on the Family Tree Maker User blog.
* DNA Testing Solves Mystery of Young Girl Who Disappeared on Titanic by Lorine McGinnis Schulze on the Olive Tree Genealogy Blog.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 14th April 2017 by Crissouli on the That Moment In Time blog.
* GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 14 April 2017 by Jill Ball on the GeniAus blog.
* Friday's Family History Finds by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* High Fives - April 14, 2017 by Dianne Nolin on the Genealogy: Beyond the BMD blog.
* Friday Finds 14 April 2017 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog..
* Follow Friday ~ Fab Finds for April 14, 2017 by Jana Last on Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- April 15, 2017 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (April 15, 2017) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/04/best-of-genea-blogs-9-to-15-april-2017.html
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.