Your mission this week, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) What day of the week was your Grandfather born (either one)? Tell us how you found out.
2) What has happened in recorded history on your Grandfather's birth date (day and month)? Tell us how you found out, and list five events.
3) What famous people have been born on your Grandfather's birth date? Tell us how you found out, and list five of them.
4) Put your responses in your own blog post, in a comment on this blog post, or in a status or comment on Facebook.
Here's mine (I will refrain from sharing how I found things out):
1) I picked my paternal grandfather, Frederick Walton Seaver, who was born on 9 October 1876 in Leominster, Massachusetts.
** 9 October 1876 was a Monday.
2) U.S. History Events on 9 October:
** In 1788, Connecticut became the 5th state to be admitted to the United States
** In 1857, the 1857 Fort Tejon earthquake strikes California, registering an estimated magnitude of 7.9.
** In 1861, the "Star of the West" incident occurs near Charleston, South Carolina. It is considered by some historians to be the "First Shots of the American Civil War".
** In 1918, Battle of Bear Valley: The last battle of the American Indian Wars.
** In 2007, Apple CEO Steve Jobs unveils the first IPhone (original) or iPhone.
3) Some famous historical persons born on 9 October:
** In 1886, Rube Marquard, an American baseball player.
** In 1890, Aimee Semple McPherson, an American evangelist and radio preacher.
** In 1903, Walter O'Malley, the owner of the Brooklyn/LA Dodgers
** In 1922, Fyvush Finkel, an Actor
** In 1940, John Lennon, British musician, member of the Beatles