One of my favorite sites is Roots Television at http://www.rootstelevision.com/.
They keep adding interesting genealogy videos. Some of the best "new" ones from my perspective include:
* "Family Tree" Music video -- this is a great song with wonderful videos.
* "The Socks to America" video -- this is funny -- a Ken Burns-like short program about a special family.
* "Cemetery Records" lecture by Kory Meyerink -- an hour long presentation from the 2007 BYU Computerized Family History and Genealogy Conference.
* "SCGS Genealogy Library Tour" -- an 8 minute tour of the Southern California Genealogical Society library in Burbank CA.
* "One-Step Genealogy and Stephen Morse Interview" -- an 11 minute interview with the guy who makes searching genealogy records on the Internet much easier!
Do you all know that RootsTelevision has a number of blogs? Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to put them into my Bloglines account for some reason, so I access them only occasionally. Besides that, they all changed their URL's in the recent past (my thanks to Ron Chard for informing me about this). The RootsTV based blogs are:
* Megan Smolenyak's "Megan's RootsWorld"
* Rick Crume's "The Internet Guy"
* Og's (who??) "Og Blog" (this guy (?) seems to make all the conferences - has anyone met him yet?)
* Tina Boice and Tracey Long's "Climbing Family Trees"
* RAOGK Volunteers at "Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness"
Incidentally, you CAN subscribe to each of these blogs via email, which is what I've done so that I don't miss any announcements about new videos or even Og's excursions into the 21st century world of genealogy research.
Just a reminder that RootsTelevision is FREE still -- all of those videos (probably hundreds) with lots of useful and sometimes funny information can be viewed on your home computer or through a wireless hookup at a local library, hotel, coffeehouse or airport. My CVGS research group would view these regularly if we could get a reliable wireless signal in the conference room at the library. We're working on it...
So glad you're enjoying what we've got at Roots Television! We're trying our hardest! Thanks for the shout out!
Randy, using Google Reader, I was able to find and then add the feed to Megan's Roots World: http://www.rootstelevision.com/blogs/megans-rootsworld/atom.xml.ReplyDelete
Here are some others:
The Internet Guy: http://www.rootstelevision.com/blogs/the-internet-guy/atom.xml
Og Blog: http://www.rootstelevision.com/blogs/the-internet-guy/atom.xml
Climbing Family Trees: http://rootstelevision.typepad.com/climbing_family_trees/atom.xml
This one I had to figure out myself: Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness: http://www.rootstelevision.com/blogs/raogk/atom.xml
Oops! The link to the Og Blog feed should be: http://www.rootstelevision.com/blogs/ogblog/atom.xmlReplyDelete