Several genea-bloggers are listing their Mayflower passenger connections as a Thanksgiving meme, so I'll join in. I'm going to do a post for each known Mayflower ancestor, rather than list them all at once.
Next up is Stephen Hopkins, from whom I have one ancestral line:
1. Stephen Hopkins* (1581-1644) married 1604 to Mary --?-- (????-1613)
2. Constance Hopkins* (1606-1677) married 1627 to Nicholas Snow (1600-1676)
3. Jabez Snow (1642-1690) married 1670 to Elizabeth Smith (1648-1732)
4. Jabez Snow (1670-1750) married 1695 to Elizabeth Treat (1676-1755)
5. Jabez Snow (1696-1760) married 1720 to Elizabeth Paine (1702-1772)
6. Eunice Snow (1722-????) married 1742 to Nathaniel Horton (1721-1775)
6. Hannah Horton (1761-1797) married 1782 to Thomas Dill (1755-1830)
8. Elizabeth Horton Dill (1791-1869) married 1826 to Alpheus B. Smith (1802-1840)
9. Lucretia Townsend Smith (1828-1884) married 1851 to Isaac Seaver (1823-1901)
10. Frank Walton Seaver (1852-1922) married 1874 to Harriet Louisa Hildreth (1857-1920)
11. Frederick Walton Seaver (1876-1942) married 1900 to Alma Bessie Richmond (1882-1962)
12. Frederick Walton Seaver (1911-1983) married 1942 to Betty Virginia Carringer (1919-2002)
13. Randall J. Seaver
* Stephen Hopkins and Constance Hopkins were on the Mayflower sailing from Plymouth, England to Massachusetts Bay in late 1620.
Are there any readers who are my cousins through a Stephen Hopkins line? Please let me know what our most recent common ancestors are in our Hopkins lines.
You can see all Mayflower lines posted so far by genea-bloggers in Heather Wilkinson Rojo's blog post, My Mayflower Passenger Ancestors.
Me again. Stephen Hopkins > Damaris Hopkins > Francis Cook > Caleb Cook > Capt. Ephraim Cook > Manasseh Cook > Harriet Newell Cook > Albert Lafayette Ward > Harriet Newell Ward > MeReplyDelete
Hi! I read with interest your Mayflower descendants post. I've read in various places that my ancestress, Bethiah Hopkins, wife of Deacon Samuel Stocking, dau of John and Jane Hopkins was the granddaughter of Samuel Hopkins. That website said that Samuel was a signer of the Mayflower Compact, but most of what I read indicates that isn't so. I was sooo hoping we were 'kin.'ReplyDelete
Hi Randy, We're cousins who share Nicholas Snow and Constance Hopkins. My line goes through their daughter Ruth who married John Cole. AnneReplyDelete