My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* OGS Conference Blog Compendium by Louis Kessler on Louis Kessler's Behold Blog. Louis provides a list of blog posts from the OGS Conference.
* Win Your DNA Journey With Momondo by Alona Tester on the Genealogy & History News blog. Watch this video - I saw it at Jamboree and was amazed.
* This Is a Very Bad Idea! by Lorine McGinnis Schulze on the Olive Tree Genealogy Blog. Lorine comments on a proposed revision to the DMCA copyright violation notice.
* A Guide to Exhibiting at a Genealogy Conference – Part 1 by Jennifer Alford on Thomas MacEntee's GenBiz Solutions blog. I've always wondered about this.
* Ontario Genealogical Society Conference (OGS 2016), Friday and Sunday by Lara Diamond on Lara's Jewnealogy blog. Lara reports on her OGS experiences.
* London and Toronto by Israel Pickholtz on the All My Foreparents blog. Israel had a busy week, including talks at OGS.
* The Secret to Pairing FamilySearch and Pinterest for Family History by Amie Bowser Tennant on Lisa Louise Cooke's Genealogy Gems blog. This works well.
* Is Your Genealogist Certified or Certifiable? by E. Randol Schoenberg on the Schoenberg.com blog. Yes, how did you know?
* NGS Guidelines Revised May 2016 by Diane L. Richards on the Upfront With NGS blog. Did you know there were guidelines for this genealogy thing?
* Ten Ways a Librarian Can Help You with your Genealogy Research by Heather Wilkinson Rojo on the Nutfield Genealogy blog. A nice list.
* My Tips for People Pursuing Certification by Yvette Hoitink on the Dutch Genealogy blog. Yvette shares her certification experiences.
* Basketball versus Serendipity by the writer of The Ancestry Insider blog. You never know what you're going to find when you check into a hotel.
* Genealogical Blasphemy by Michael John Neill on the Rootdig.com blog. Of course, it's impossible to know all of the details of a person's life.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 10 June 2016 by Crissouli on That Moment in Time blog.
* Recommended Reads by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds for 10 June 2016 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- June 11, 2016 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (June 11, 2016) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Week: 11 June 2016 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1590 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/06/best-of-genea-blogs-5-to-11-june-2016.html
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.