The report highlighted:
"Ancestry's performance continued to accelerate in the second quarter," said Tim Sullivan, Chief Executive Officer of Ancestry. "The combined value proposition of our market-leading family history and DNA offerings has helped deliver over $750 million in revenue in the last four quarters. We are excited about the opportunities ahead and remain focused on execution and investing in the long-term growth of the company."
I found the Ancestry Business Update of most interest:
Company — On May 23, 2016 the Company announced the successful closing of the previously-announced transaction whereby Silver Lake Partners and GIC acquired substantial equity stakes in Ancestry at an enterprise value of approximately $2.6 billion. As a result, Silver Lake and GIC each now hold equal minority ownership positions while the Permira funds, Spectrum Equity, and Ancestry management remain as meaningful equity investors.
AncestryDNA — During the second quarter the AncestryDNA database surpassed 2.0 million samples, after reaching 1.0 million less than a year earlier.
Subscribers — Subscribers of Ancestry websites totaled approximately 2,419,000 as of June 30, 2016, up 2% compared to March 31, 2016 and up 9% compared to June 30, 2015.
Content — During the second quarter of 2016, the Company added to its collection of more than 18 billion records through launching and adding to significant collections from various sources including:
- Netherlands birth, marriage, and death records, over 80 million records
- Indiana vital records, over 30 million records
- German Lutheran records, over 15 million records
- Update to US Yearbooks, over 10 million records
- US naturalizations, over 10 million records
- Australia WW2 military records, over 1 million records
Adpay/Memoriams Acquisition — The Company completed the acquisition of Adpay, Inc., the creator and operator of the Memoriams.com obituary input network during the quarter. Memoriams.com submits obituaries to approximately 3,000 newspapers in the U.S. from its growing network of funeral homes.
I also recall that Ancestry.com listed these databases as upcoming in the first half of 2016:
* UK Parish Records - April 2016: Our collection of UK parish registers continues to grow, with new records coming in April. Note: We've seen some but not all counties to date.
* German Vital Records - April-June 2016: Look for new collections to continue to be added to the Ancestry collection of German births, marriages, and deaths for several locations. Note: We've seen some but not all states to date.
* Probate Records - May 2016: We'll be adding new probate records from Colorado and Wisconsin. Note: They did.
* U.S. Vital Records - Summer 2016: Birth, marriage, and death records from Arizona and Indiana! Note: They did.
* Ireland Police Gazettes - June 2016: Was your Irish ancestor a victim (or perpetrator) of a crime? Find out in the police gazettes. Note: Not yet?
* U.S. Naturalizations - July 2016: We're adding to our rich collection of United State citizenship records. Note: We've seen some but not all states to date.
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver