I am in the 8th great-grandmothers and I'm up to Ancestor #2009, who is Jemima WHITEHEAD (1655-1694) [Note: the earlier great-grandmothers and 8th great-grandfathers have been covered in earlier posts].
My ancestral line back through two generation of this WHITEHEAD family line is:
1. Randall J. Seaver (1943-????)
2. Frederick Walton Seaver (1911-1983)
3. Betty Virginia Carringer (1919-2002)
6. Lyle Lawrence Carringer (1891-1976)
7. Emily Kemp Auble (1899-1977)
14. Charles Auble (1849-1916)
15. Georgianna Kemp (1862-1952)
30. James Abraham Kemp (1831-1902)
31. Mary Jane Sovereen (1840-1874)
62. Alexander Sovereen (1814-1907)
63. Elizabeth Putman (1818-1895)
124. Frederick Sovereen (1786-1875)
125. Mary Jane Hutchinson (1792-1868)
250. William Hutchinson (1745-1826)
251. Catherine Lewis (1759-1845)
502. Jonathan Lewis (1715-1785)
503. Marie LaTourette (1734-1786)
1004. Jonathan Lewis (1688-1764)
1005. Abigail LNU (1688-1753)
2008. Jonathan Lewis, born 1658 in Westerly, Washington, Rhode Island, United States; died 08 August 1708 in Huntington, Suffolk, New York, United States. He was the son of 4016. John Lewis and 4017. Mary LNU. He married about 1683
2009. Jemima Whitehead, born 1655 in Jamaica, Queens, New York, United States; died 1694 in Huntington, Suffolk, New York, United States.
Children of Jonathan Lewis and Jemima Whitehead are:
* Sybil Lewis (1685-1738), married 1701 Zebulon Whitman (1684-1759).
* Jonathan Lewis (1688-1764), married (1) 1710 Abigail LNU (1688-1753); (2) 1753 Anne Edwards; (3) 1756 Abigail LNU.
* John Lewis (1690-1754), married (1) 1715 FNU LNU; (2) 1751 Phoebe Platt (1701-????).
* Daniel Lewis (1692-1748), married 1720 Mercy LNU (1699-1762).
4018. Daniel Whitehead, born about 1603 in Kings Stanley, Gloucestershire, England; died 16 November 1668 in Queens, New York, United States. He married before 1642 in New York, United States.
4019. Sarah Armitage, born about 1620 in England; died about 1659 in Newtown, Queens, New York, United States.
Child of Daniel Whitehead and Sarah Armitage is:
* Jemima Whitehead (1655-1694), married 1683 Jonathan Lewis (1658-1708).
The WikiTree profile for Jemima Woodhead (https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Whitehead-476) provides limited information about her life and links to her parents. The WikiTree profile, from the New Netherlands Settlers Project, for Daniel Whitehead has information about his life (see https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Whitehead-277). This, and other family trees on WorldConnect indicate that her mother was Jane (Ireland) Ingersoll, not Sarah Armitage. It all depends when Jemima was born - before 1660 or after 1660 when Daniel Whitehead married Jane (Ireland) Ingersoll. There were other children listed for Daniel Whitehead by his two spouses.
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.