This week's entry is from the The Whitesville [N.Y.] News newspaper dated Thursday, 4 October 1923:
The transcription of this obituary is:
"CHARLES L. SEAVER
"Died at Endicott, Wednesday, Sept. 26th -- Funertal at Stanards, Saturday
"Charles L. Seaver died at the home of his son Jesse Seaver at Endicott, September 26, 1923. The remains were brought to Wellsville Friday.
"Mr. Seaver leaves a wife and four children. Gilbert at Erie, Pa.; Harold A., of Hallsport; Jesse of Endicott and Horton of Ralston, Pa. One sister, Mrs. Luana Rixford, also survives. Mr. Seaver was one of the oldest members of Wellsville Lodge, No. 230, F & A.M.
"Funeral services were held at the M.E. Church, at Stanards, Saturday at 2 p.m., the Rev. Flewelling officiating and the body was laid to rest with Masonic honors."
The source citation for this obituary is:
"Charles L. Seaver," obituary, The Whitesville [N.Y.] News, Thursday, 4 October 1923, page 1, column 2; NYS Historic Newspapers (http://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/ : accessed 9 November 2017), Charles L. Seaver obituary.
According to my family tree database, Charles Lewis Seaver was born 6 June 1844 in Amity, Allegany County, New York, the 5th child of Lewis and Azubah (Robinson) Seaver. He married three times:
1. To Elvira A. Chalker (1853-1876) in 1870. They had four children:
* Gilbert C. Seaver (1870-1928), who married 1909 Cora Bell Biddle (1874-1948).
* Harold Andrew Seaver (1872-1951), who married 1900 Lytie Genevra Perkins (1878-1961).
* Jesse Bradley Seaver (1874-1955), who married 1896 Edna Phoebe Brown (1875-1911).
* Horton L. Seaver (1876-1876).
2. To Amanda V. Horton (1842-????) before 1880, no children.
3. To Barbara Helen Fletcher (1861-1947) before 1904, one child.
* Horton L. Seaver (1904-1960).
Charles Lewis Seaver (1844-1923) was my 4th cousin 4 times removed. Our common ancestors are my 7th great-grandparents, Joseph Seaver (1672-1754) and Mary Read (1680-????).