My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Papou Was Robbed! and ΤΕΛΟΣ = FINISHED! by Carol Petranek on the Spartan Roots blog.
* Daughters of the American Revolution -- 127th Continental Congress 2018 by True Lewis on the Notes To Myself blog.
* Using Location Standardization in Genealogy Research by Michele Lewis on the Legacy News blog.
* Picking Up the Trail: Following Your Ancestors West by Jaye on the Legacy Tree Genealogists blog.
* Writing Reports to Yourself by Lori Thornton on the Smoky Mountain Family Historian blog.
* Behind the Scenes at the Utah Archives and Diana’s Probate Presentation Materials by Diana Elder on the Family Locket blog.
* Tips: What's A Genealogist To Do in the Dog Days of Summer by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Free Editable Family Tree Templates by Leland Meitzler on the GenealogyBlog blog.
* A New Rule Added: The Rules of Genealogy Revisited Again by James Tanner on the Genealogy's Star blog.
* REVIEW: Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide by Thomas MacEntee on the Genealogy Bargains blog.
* What Kind of Tree is Right for You? by Amy Johnson Crow on the Amy Johnson Crow blog.
* Case Study: Was the Maiden Name of Rebecca, Wife of John Spurr, William King and Isaac Davenport, BLACKMER? Part 1 and Part 2 by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday's Family History Finds by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds, 3 Aug 2018 by Lois Willis on the Lois Willis - Genealogy and Family History blog.
* Friday Fossicking, 3rd August 2018 by Crissouli on the That Moment in Time blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- August 4, 2018 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 900 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
Copyright (c) 2018, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.