3) Wrote a biography of 6th great-grandfather #434 John Laver (1722-1799) of South Petherton, Somerset for my 52 Ancestors post on Friday.
4) Watched one Family Tree Webinar this past week - Reconstructing Your Genetic Family Tree, by Blaine Bettinger. Also watched Introducing American AncesTREES and FYR w: CeCe on YouTube.
5) Participated in today's Mondays With Myrt. Subjects discussed were the FamilyTreeDNA privacy problem, Bettinger's Facebook post on Parabon charges, ordering GRO birth and death certificates in PDF, using YouTube video to impress potential society members, the EvidenceExplained website and Facebook page, Jim's society creating a 1 million person county family tree using TNG, downloading RootsTech handouts, and my reader's comments on the Ancestry Big Tree.
6) I bought a FOREVER box last March at RootsTech, and started filling it to send in for digitization. I found about 90 home movies (50 feet each), about 15 boxes of slides, but couldn't find the videotapes I saved some time ago and hid somewhere. I contacted FOREVER to see how many I could put in the box, and they said "whatever will fit, and there is an ala carte price list" A 50 foot movie would cost about $15. I need to pick out 20-30 of them, and pack it up and send it off in the next week. Hopefully, these will entertain my descendants more than blog posts do :).
7) There were several sessions working in the RootsMagic software program to update FamilySearch Family Tree profiles for Seaver families and other ancestral families, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I have matched 29,346 of my RootsMagic persons with FSFT.
8) I continue to use Web Hints from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch to add content and sources to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 52,349 persons in my RootsMagic file, and 101,489 source citations. I TreeShared two times during the last week (about 200 profiles), and resolved about 1100 Ancestry Hints. I've fallen behind on the Ancestry Record Hints with 101,086 (Ancestry dumped over 7,000 new Hints on Sunday) to be resolved, but I work on them weekly.
9) Wrote 20 Genea-Musings blog posts last week, of which two were press releases. The most popular post last week was A Reader's Take on Ancestry.com Problems - Part IV - The Ancestry Big Tree with over 335 views.
The URL for this post is: https://www.geneamusings.com/2019/02/monday-genea-pourri-18-february-2019.html
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.