Scores of genealogy and family history bloggers write thousands of posts every week about their research, their families, and their interests. I appreciate each one of them and their efforts.
My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Book Review -- The Family Tree Historical Atlas of Germany by Julie Cahill Tarr on Julie's Genealogy & History Hub.
* Genealogy - Abstinence and Temperance Society Records by Kathleen Brandt on a3genealogy.
* Let’s Start at the Very Beginning With Civil War Research and Part 2 by Cindy Freed on Cindy Freed.
* A Fresh Look at DNA for Genealogy: Rediscovering the Lost by Natalie Pithers on GenealogyStoriesUK
* African American Genealogy Tip: Information Wanted Ads by Gena Philibert-Ortega on GenealogyBank Blog.
* Exploring Six Different Types of Stones Used in Graves by Joy Neighbors on A Grave Interest.
* Ancestry.com IS for Black People: The True Story of How to Research African American Family History - Part I and Part II and Part III by Shannon Christmas on Through the Trees.
* Using Fire Insurance Maps for Family History + Where to Find Them Online by Elizabeth M. O'Neal on Heart of the Family.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add the blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I currently am reading posts from over 900 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: https://www.geneamusings.com/2021/02/best-of-genea-blogs-week-of-21-to-27.html
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.