These are all crafted in RootsMagic 6 using the source templates developed from Evidence Explained source citation models. They may not be "perfect" but they're mine!
Readers can substitute their own details into the samples below:
1) Vital (birth, baptism, marriage, death, burial) Records:
* Death certificate from local county vital records office - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/04/the-ragu-challenge-3-2-1-cite-abigail.html
Abbie A. Smith, death certificate (Certificate of Vital Record) No. 31-050190 (certificate dated 18 June 1996) (11 September 1931), State of California, Department of Public Health, San Diego County, San Diego, California.
* Framed marriage certificate - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/01/treasure-chest-thursday-post-197-1887.html
Mr. Henry A. Carringer and Miss Della A. Smith marriage, 11 September 1887, Congregational Church, Wano, Kansas. Marriage Certificate; held in 2014 by Randall J. Seaver ([address for private use], Chula Vista, Calif. 91911).
* Marriage record found on an FHL microfilm - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/08/treasure-chest-thursday-post-226-1861.html
Dodge County, Wisconsin, Marriages, 1860-1865, 1842-1852: page 195, David Smith and Abigal Vanse marriage entry; FHL Microfilm US/CAN 1,275,941 (accessed 30 July 2014 by Finn Hansen).
* Death record found on an FHL microfilm - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/07/treasure-chest-thursday-post-225-1901.html
New Jersey, Records of births, marriages, and deaths of New Jersey, 1848-1900, "Births, marr., deaths, Sussex County, Vol. AF, 1848-1867," page 655, line 16, William Knapp entry, accessed on FHL Microfilm 0,584,582.
* Vital record image found in "Massachusetts, Vital and Town Records, 1620-1988" database on Ancestry.com - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/05/treasure-chest-thursday-post-214-birth.html
Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988, digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 17 January 2013), "Townsend Births, Marriages and Deaths, Book 6" page 98 (penned, image 163 of 1351), Zachriah Hildreth entry.
"U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010," indexed database, Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 2 November 2011), entry for Lyle Carringer (1891-1976), SSN 553109373; citing Beneficiary Identification Records Locator Subsystem (BIRLS) Death File. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
* Birth and/or baptism record in English parish registers from FHL microfilm - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/03/treasure-chest-thursday-post-207-birth.html
Church of England, Parish Church of Hilperton (Wiltshire, England), Bishop's Transcripts, 1622-1880, "Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, 1813-1838," FHL BRITISH Microfilm 1,279,404, Item 14, unnumbered page, Baptisms: No. 703, Hannah, daughter of John and Rebecca Rich.
* Marriage record in English parish registers on FHL microfilm - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/07/treasure-chest-thursday-marriage-record.html
Church of England, Parish Church of Hilperton (Wiltshire, England), Bishop's Transcripts, 1622-1880, "Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1837-1880," FHL BRITISH Microfilm 1,279,404, Item 15, Marriages, Page 35, No. 69, James Richman and Hannah Rich entry.
* Burial or death record in English parish registers from FHL microfilm - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/02/treasure-chest-thursday-post-203-1862.html
Church of England, Parish Church of Hilperton (Wiltshire, England), Bishop's Transcripts, 1622-1880, "Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1837-1880," FHL BRITISH Microfilm 1,279,404, Item 15 (accessed 5 February 2014); Burials, Page (blank), 1862, No. 42, Rebecca Rich entry.
Voss (Vangen) Parish Church (Voss, Norway), Voss: 1823-1837, Ministerialbok A 12, Deaths and Burials, Page 324, item 93, Anna Sjursdtr of Gjelle; digital images, Artkivverket DigitalArkivet Scanned Church Records (http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read : accessed 12 December 2013).
* Ohio County Marriages database on FamlySearch - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/12/a-source-citation-for-annas-death-in.html
Ohio, "Ohio County Marriages, 1789-1994," FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org : indexed database and digital image, accessed 11 October 2013), Hamilton County Marriage Records, Volume 199, Page 80, No. 30, Joseph N. Seaver and Frances Dunican, 26 June 1907, digitized from FHL Microfilm US/CAN 355,085.
* Massachusetts Death Records, 1841-1915 database on Ancestry.com - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/07/massachusetts-vital-records-1841-1915.html
Massachusetts, Death Records, 1841-1915, indexed database and digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.Ancestry.com : accessed 3 July 2013), 1901, Leominster, image 1724 of 2724: Isaac Seaver 3d entry.
* Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1915 database on AmericanAncestors.org - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/07/massachusetts-vital-records-1841-1915.html
New England Historic Genealogical Society, Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1915, indexed database and digital images, American Ancestors (http://www.AmericanAncestors.org : accessed 12 May 2011), Deaths, Volume 507, Page 371, Leominster, 1901: Isaac Seaver 3d entry.
* Church record on an FHL microfilm - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/05/dear-randy-how-do-i-cite-church-record.html
Florence Evelyn Pratt Youngs, "Records of St. John's Episcopal Church, Elizabeth, N.J. 1750-1873," no page number, Tabitha Randolph baptism entry, 1761; accessed on FHL microfilm US/CAN 1019522, Item 2.
* Burial memorial on Find A Grave database -
"Find A Grave," indexed database, Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com : accessed 24 February 2014), memorial page # 6954404 for Henry Carringer (1801-1879) with gravestone images, created by Alberta Daniels Withrow, citing Columbus City Cemetery, Columbus City, Louisa County, Iowa.
2) Census Records:
* 1850 United States census image on Ancestry.com - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/09/treasure-chest-thursday-1850-us-census.html
1850 United States Federal Census, Windham County, Connecticut, population schedule, Killingly town; Page 339, dwelling #279, family #313, Lawton Wade household, digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 11 September 2013); citing National Archives Microfilm Publication M432, Roll 51.
* 1940 U.S. Census image on Ancestry.com - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2012/04/1940-us-census-source-citation-in_17.html
1940 United States Census, Worcester County, Massachusetts, population schedule, Leominster, enumeration district (ED) 14-181, Sheet 9-A, Family #202, Frederick Seaver household; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 12 April 2012); citing National Archives Microfilm Publication T627, Roll 1651.
* English census records on FindMyPast.com - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2012/07/findmypastcom-searches-post-2-english.html
1841 England, Wales and Scotland Census, Wiltshire, Hilperton [parish], Folio 24, Page 9 (printed), Lines 7-10, John Richman household; digital image, The Natonal Archives of the UK, Kew, Surrey,FindMyPast.com (www.findmypast.com : accessed 27 July 2012); Public Record Office HO 107/1182/2.
* 1901 Canada census image on Library and Archives Canada - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/07/treasure-chest-thursday-post-225-1901.html
Census of Canada, 1901, Norfolk County, Ontario, Schedule No. 1 (population), District 93, North Norfolk, Division No. G, Subdivision 6 of Windham, Page 3, Family #31, Alexander Sovereen household; digital image, Library and Archives Canada (http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/census/1901/Pages/1901.aspx : accessed 31 July 2014).
3) Newspaper Records:
* Newspaper article on GenealogyBank - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/08/dear-randy-how-do-you-cite-obituary-on.html
"Mrs. Emily Carringer," obituary, San Diego [CA] Union, 24 June 1977, page A11, column 1; online index and digital image, GenealogyBank (http://www.genealogybank.com : accessed 19 March 2012), Newspaper Archives, 1890-2010.
* Newspaper obituary (undated clipping) - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/04/treasure-chest-thursday-post-208.html
"Mrs. James Richmond," undated clipping, 9 August 1911, from unidentified newspaper; Laura [name removed for privacy reasons] collection, provided to Grace (Richmond) Shaw at time of event, passed to descendants; privately held 2014 by third cousin, Laura [name removed for privacy reasons, address for private use], Boulder, Colorado.
* World War I Draft Registration card on Ancestry.com - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/02/source-citation-for-world-war-i-draft.html
U.S. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 9 October 2010), Worcester County, Massachusetts, Leominster City, Draft Board 14, Frederick Walton Seaver entry, dated 18 September 1918; citing Selective Service System. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration. M1509, 4,582 rolls.
* Revolutionary War Pension Roll on Ancestry.com -
National Archives, "U.S. Revolutionary War Rolls, 1775-1783," digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 11 April 2013), Muster Rolls, Pennsylvania 8th Regiment, Colonel Carnahan's Company, June 1778, unnumbered page (image 286 of 702), Martin Carringer (Private) entry; citing National Archives Microfilm Publication M246, Roll 83.
* Civil War Pension File obtained from National Archives -
Case Files of Approved Pension Applications ..., 1861–1934; Civil War and Later Pension Files; Department of Veterans Affairs, Record Group 15; National Archives, Washington, D.C., Isaac Seaver, Pension File No.1,117,272, Declaration for an Invalid Pension on 11 June 1892, received 2010.
5) Probate Records:
* Probate record image on FamilySearch.org - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/01/amanuensis-monday-post-200-will-of.html
"Pennsylvania, Probate Records, 1683-1994," digital images, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org : accessed 9 February 2014), Jacob Wilhelm will, written 17 August 1771, registered 16 October 1773; accessed in Lancaster County, “Wills, 1747-1830, Vol. I-K,” Book J, pages 350-353, images 424-425 of 786.
Petition for Determination of Heirship by John E. Kelley, 25 November 1929, Estate of Devier J. Smith file folder No. 1992, Red Willow County, Nebraska, Probate Court, McCook, Nebraska (accessed 11 July 2014 by Chris Christenson).
* Land deed record in an online database on FamilySearch.org - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/02/creating-land-record-source-citation-in.html
New York, "New York, Land Records, 1630-1975," digital images, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org : accessed 2 February 2013), "Erie County New York Deeds, 1844-1850, Volumes 78-79," image 184 of 792, in Volume 78, Page 396, Samuel Vaux deed in Aurora, N.Y. from Seth Sprague, 1845; citing original records in New York Land Office. New York, Land Records. Holland Land Office Museum, Batavia, New York.
* General Land Office patent image on BLM website - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/07/treasure-chest-thursday-henry.html
"New Brunswick, County Deed Registry Books, 1780-1941," digital images, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org : accessed 17 January 2013), clerk's copy, "Kings County, Deed Book D-1, 1793-1795," page 75-76, William Hutchison to Donal McDonal; citing Registrar of Deeds. New Brunswick, county deed registry books, 1780-1941. Service New Brunswick, Woodstock, New Brunswick.
* Upper Canada Land Petition Records - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/08/amanuensis-monday-post-232-1797-upper.html
Upper Canada, "Upper Canada Land Petitions, 1763-1865," digital image, Library and Archives Canada(http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/ : accessed 11 August 2014), John, Abraham and Daniel Defoe, 1797, Microfilm C-1743, "D" Bundle 3, 1796-1797, Petition 12 (images 4 and 5 of 1294); citing RG 1, L 3, Volume 150.
7) Passenger List Records:
* Passenger list image on Ancestry.com - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/02/treasure-chest-thursday-post-200-1855.html
"New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957," digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 8 July 2010), image 477 of 565, Line 23, James Richman entry; citing List Number 1037 of National Archives Microfilm Publication M237, Roll 157; Ship Calhoun out of Liverpool, Daniel H. Truman master, arrived New York on 22 October 1855.
8) Family Tree Records:
* A record found on a MyHeritage search - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/05/how-do-i-cite-this-record-i-found-on.html
"Idaho, County Marriages, 1864-1950," MyHeritage, (http://www.myheritage.com : accessed 5 May 2014), marriage license, page 496 (stamped), No. 37164 (penned), Shirley Player and Myrtle E. Weiser entry; citing Blaine County [Idaho] Court records, "Marriages, v. 2-3, 1908-1939," on FHL US/CAN microfilm 1,480,082.
* An Ancestry Member Tree entry - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/04/rootsmagic-6-source-citation-for.html
"Public Member Tree", family tree database, Ancestry.com (http://trees.ancestry.com/ : accessed 7 April 2014), "Seaver-Leland Family Tree," Randall Jeffrey Seaver (1943-living) birth entry; submitted 2013 by Randall J. Seaver, [contact information for private use], Chula Vista CA 91911; birth certificate image.
* A MyHeritage family tree entry - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/01/dear-randy-how-do-i-cite-online-family.html
"MyHeritage Family Trees", family tree database, MyHeritage (http://www.myheritage.com : accessed 14 December 2012), "Randy Seaver's Genealogy Research (http://www.myheritage.com/site-family-tree-1742741/randy-seavers-genealogy-research)," Randy Seaver's residence in 1944-1946; submitted February 2012 by Randall J. Seaver, [contact information for private use], Chula Vista, Calif. USA 91911.
8) Miscellaneous Records:
* A Bible record - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/04/the-ragu-challenge-3-2-1-cite-abigail.html
Devier J. Smith Family Bible Records, 1889-1920, Unknown title, Unknown edition (Unknown place: Unknown publisher, before 1889), loose page, Births, Abbey A. Smith entry, 28 October 1844; privately held by Randall J. Seaver, [address for private use], Chula Vista, Calif. 91911, owned 1988 to present. Devier J. Smith to Abbie A. (Vaux) Smith in 1894, to Della (Smith) Carringer in 1931, to Lyle L. Carringer in 1946, to Betty (Carringer) Seaver in 1977, to Randall J. Seaver (2nd great-grandson) in 1988.
* Family papers or correspondence - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/04/the-ragu-challenge-3-2-1-cite-abigail.html
Smith/Carringer Family Correspondence (Loose Letters, 1888–1902), Abigail (Vaux) Smith list of family births and deaths, Abbie A. Smith birth entry, 28 October 1844, originals privately held by Randall J. Seaver, [address for private use], Chula Vista CA 91911, 1988 (great grandson). Family letters to and from Abigail (Vaux) Smith, Rebecca (Spangler) Carringer, and Della (Smith) Carringer. written by Abbie (Vaux) Smith in about 1895, passed to Della (Smith) Carringer in 1931, to Lyle L. Carringer in 1946, to Betty (Carringer) Seaver in 1977, and to Randall J. Seaver (2nd great-grandson) in 1988.
* A digital photograph - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/08/crafting-source-citation-for-photograph.html
John Richman (1788-1867), Ambrotype Cased Photograph, taken in Hilperton, Wiltshire, England, in about 1865; digital image, photocopy of original, scanned in 2001 by Randy Seaver; privately held by Roma Challis (1922-2010), [address for private use], Hilperton, Wiltshire, England. Seated, elderly, white-haired man wearing period clothing and top hat. Provenance is Douglas Richman family in Hilperton to Roma Challis; unknown location in 2014.
Personal knowledge of the author, Randall J. Seaver, [address for private use]. personal memory of education history.
"Oral interview with Frederick W. Seaver," 1980–1983 by Randall J. Seaver, owned by Randall J. Seaver, San Diego, California, no notes taken; oral information on residence history.
"Oral interview with Geraldine "Seaver" Remley," 1988–1989 by Randall J. Seaver, owned by Randall J. Seaver, San Diego, California, magnetic tape audio recording, with written transcription; Geraldine's (paternal aunt of Randy Seaver) life story, including family, residence, education, and work life experiences.
* Information from an email from a correspondent - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2012/11/email-source-citation-in-rootsmagic-5.html
xxxxx Dill, San Diego, Calif., [e-mail for private use], to Randy Seaver, e-mail, 1 May 2012, "Albert Freeman Dill," Local Folders: Surnames: Dill-Horton-Eastham; privately held by Randy Seaver, [e-mail &address for private use], Chula Vista CA 91911, 2012.
* An online City Directory - see http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/08/dear-randy-how-do-i-cite-online-city.html
"U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989", indexed database and digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 22 May 2010), page 195, Charles Auble entry; citing "Chicago, Illinois, City Directory, 1909 (Chicago, Ill.:n.p., 1909)."
Insurance Maps of San Diego, California (New York: Sanborn Map Co., 1921), Volume 2, page 231, accessed at San Diego Central Library (330 Park Blvd., San Diego), Local History collection.