I received this from Findmypast this morning:
From the Second World War to the house next door, there are endless potential discoveries on offer this Findmypast Friday.
Here's everything you need to know about what's new this week at Findmypast.
Where were your relatives at the outbreak of the Second World War? Find out with a newly-opened tranche of over 95,000 records from 1939.
Findmypast regularly open previously redacted 1939 Register entries making Findmypast's version the most up-to-date one available online.
British Army, Royal Engineers 1900-1949
The first phase of this new collection sees transcripts and images of over 92,000 tracer cards, mostly from World War 2, published online for the first time.
Tracer cards track a soldier's movement within and between regiments. The records can reveal names, army numbers and dates of birth and enlistment, all useful detail for fleshing out your family tree.
Surnames from A-H are included in this first release. More records will be added over time. Combine this new collection with Royal Engineers Journals 1939-1945 to gain even more insight into this regiment's wartime exploits.
British Army, Coldstream Guards 1800-1947 Image Browse
Now available to browse page-by-page, delve into a range of different records to uncover details of those who served in this famous regiment.
The collection includes:
- Casualties 1939-1947
- Courts Martials 1800-1815
- Decorations and Rewards 1914-1918 and 1939-1948
- Discharges 1884-1947
- Enlistments 1884-1947
- Missing in Action 1939-1945
- Nominal Roll of 1st Battalion men serving in Sudan 1932-1933
- Officers’ Record of Services 1861-1915
- Shanghai Defence Force 1927-1928
- South African Campaign 1899-1902
- Succession Book of 2nd Battalion officers 1797-1926
- Succession Book of Officers 1826-1936
- Record of Campaigns 1854-1895
Findmypast have released four brand new papers and added thousands of pages to seven existing titles. Fresh to the site are:
- Eckington, Woodhouse and Staveley Express covering 1897-1911 and 1913-1940
- Glamorgan Advertiser covering 1919-1949 and 1951-1962
- Gravesend & Northfleet Standard covering 1892-1895, 1898-1910 and 1912-1915
- Hants and Sussex News covering 1889-1892 and 1895-1913
While coverage has been expanded for:
- Atherstone, Nuneaton, and Warwickshire Times from 1885-1888 and 1890-1891
- Blandford and Wimbourne Telegram from 1880-1883
- Flintshire County Herald from 1887-1895, 1898-1910 and 1912-1947
- Haslingden Gazette from 1916-1926
- Northern Weekly Gazette from 1905, 1907-1909, 1914-1916 and 1932
- Penistone, Stocksbridge and Hoyland Express from 1898-1907 and 1926
- Stockton Herald, South Durham and Cleveland Advertiser from 1890