Here are the highlights of my family history and genealogy related activities over the past week:
1) Hosted and moderated the Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) DNA Interest Group meeting in a Zoom Meeting last Wednesday with 17 attendees. In the first hour, I reported on the DNAS sales, the GEDmatch partnership with Genetic Affairs, MyHeritage genetic groups of DNA matches, Ancestry's new match list format, and my spreadsheets for DNA matches. In the second hour, the attendees shared their genealogy questions, challenges and successes.
2) Watched a Family Tree Webinar for "Mother Nature's Impact on Family Migration and Relation" by Wayne Shepheard.
3) Attended today's Mondays With Myrt webinar. The panel discussed the 1950 US Census infant registration project, the Iowa delayed birth records database on Ancestry, removal of two Iowa databases from FamilySearch, the FamilySearch wiki, the New Netherland seminar, Dutch decorations, English and German honors, book publishers, Feedburner's demise in July and the WikiTree clean-a-thon.
4) Wrote and posted a biographical sketch of my 7th great-grandfather #592 Obadiah Sawtell (1648-1740) of Groton, Massachusetts for my 52 Ancestors post on Friday.
5) Transcribed a probate record in Amanuensis Monday -- 1692 Inventory of Richard Sawtell (1611-1694) of Watertown, Massachusetts today.
6) AncestryDNA added 79 new DNA matches this past week, with no new ThruLines, and MyHeritage added 23 new DNA matches. Reviewed the new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe. Added Notes to 22 more AncestryDNA matches with cM values, relationships and known shared ancestors, and added one new ThruLines to RootsMagic.
7) There were several sessions working in the RootsMagic software program to match with and update FamilySearch Family Tree profiles for Seaver families and my ancestral families, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I have matched 41,678 of my RootsMagic persons with FamilySearch Family Tree profiles (up 105).
8) Used Web Hints and Record Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch to add content and source citations to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 62,850 persons in my RootsMagic file (up 72), and 136,622 source citations (up 192). I TreeShared with my Ancestry Member Tree once this week updating 227 profiles, and I resolved 1,108 Ancestry Hints. I've fallen behind on the Ancestry Record Hints with 150,182 to be resolved, but I work on them almost daily.
9) Wrote 17 Genea-Musings blog posts last week, of which two were a press release. The most viewed post last week was FREE National Archives Genealogy Series - May and June 2021 with over 332 views.
10) We are still fine here at the Genea-cave, hunkered down and not going out much after Week 58 of COVID-19 isolation. We went masked to outdoor church on Sunday and talked to and fist bumped some friends. Went to the doctor for a physical on Tuesday - numbers are better, somehow lost 15 pounds. I took the car for 30,000 miles maintenance on Thursday. The Padres season continues, and they are now 13-11, and we attended the Tuesday night game versus the Brewers. They lost three straight to Milwaukee, but won 3 of 4 from Dodgers in tense games. Other than that, it was stay-at-home on the computer doing (mainly) genealogy, plus eating, sleeping, cleaning, cooking, and a little yard work - I got another part of bush #1 cut down and disposed of in the green barrel, but broke the cutter.
The URL for this post is: https://www.geneamusings.com/2021/04/monday-genea-pourri-week-ending-26.html
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.
which are the 2 iowa databases that were removed from familysearch? thank you.ReplyDelete
* Iowa, Marriage Records, 1941-1951 (https://familysearch.org/search/collection/4127799); 13,151 indexed records with 13,151 record images, DELETEDReplyDelete
* Iowa, Birth Records, 1921-1942 (https://familysearch.org/search/collection/2849548); 35,336 indexed records with 35,336 record images, DELETED