Scores of genealogy and family history bloggers write thousands of posts every week about their research, their families, and their interests. I appreciate each one of them and their efforts.
My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* 20 Things You Can Find in Church Records to Help Find Your Ancestors by Kenneth Marks on The Ancestor Hunt.
* Genealogy Tip: Finding Children Who Died Young, Part I and Part II by Katie Rebecca Garner on GenealogyBank Blog.
* Coming in the Side Door for Amazing Ancestor Finds Using Collateral Research by Cindy Freed on Cindy Freed.
* Vital Records Can Be Wrong ... Especially Death Certificates by Charlie Purvis on Carolina Family Roots.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* This Week's Creme de la Creme - July 31, 2021 by Gail Dever on Genealogy a la Carte,
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add the blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I currently am reading posts from over 900 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: https://www.geneamusings.com/2021/08/best-of-genea-blogs-week-of-25-to-31.html
Copyright (c) 2021, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.