Here are the highlights of my family history and genealogy related activities over the past week.
1) Hosted and moderated the Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) DNA Interest Group meeting on Wednesday in a Zoom meeting with about 27 attendees. We discussed the I4GG conference, RootsTech 2023 conference, free DNA Painter webinars on Family Tree Webinars, the Facebook Genetic Genealogy Tips & Techniques group, WikiTree DNA, Ancestry color dots, and two DNA related questions and answers.
2) Attended the San Diego Genealogical Society (SDGS) British Isles SIG on Zoom in meeting format. Colin Whitney presented two case studies.
3) Wrote a genealogical sketch for #741 7th great-grandmother Elizabeth Tompkins (1675-after 1729) of Little Compton, Rhode Island for the 52 Ancestors series.
4) Transcribed a probate record for the Amanuensis Monday series -- 1719 Will of Nathaniel Tompkins (1650-1724) of Little Compton, Rhode Island.
8) AncestryDNA now has 41,791 DNA matches (up 91 from 16 January) for me today, with one new ThruLines. I added two Notes to my matches. MyHeritageDNA now has 10,995 DNA matches (up 17 from 16 January) for me, with no new Theories. Reviewed the new DNA matches on AncestryDNA, MyHeritageDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe.
10) Used Web Hints and Record Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch to add content and source citations to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 70,347 persons in my RootsMagic file (up 22 since 16 January), and 145,590 source citations (up 37). I TreeShared no new or modified profiles with my Ancestry Member Tree, and I resolved 231 Ancestry Hints. My Ancestry Member Tree has Ancestry Record Hints with 172,741 to be resolved, but I work on them several times a week. I resolved no MyHeritage Record Matches, leaving 162,207 Record Matches in 285 sources and I work on them occasionally.
11) Wrote 17 Genea-Musings blog posts last week (Sunday through Saturday), of which two were a press release. The most viewed post last week was RootsTech 2023 Schedule, Speakers and Sessions Announced with over 223 views. Genea-Musings had about 16,700 views last week.
The URL for this post is: https://www.geneamusings.com/2023/01/genealogy-pot-pourri-week-ending-23.html
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.
You know the website antenati has the civil records for Italy from about 1809 to 1860, and familysearch has the ones from 1860 to the 1920s.ReplyDelete