Some of the genealogy news items across my desktop the last three days include:
1) News Articles:
* Federal Judge Blocks Trump Administration From Asking the Citizenship Question from 2020 Census
* AmericanAncestors Introduces American AncesTREES - Part I
* Free Legacy Family Tree update now available (version 126.96.36.1999)
* Is handedness determined by genetics?
2) New or Updated Record Collections:
* New Records Available To Search this Findmypast Friday, 18 January 2019
* Friday Finds 18 Jan 2019
* UPDATE on FREE War of 1812 Pensions at Fold3
* Latest updates to Massachusetts/Boston RC collection on AmericanAncestors.org
3) Genealogy Education - Webinars:
* GeneaWebinars Calendar
* Free Family History Library Classes and Webinars for January 2019
* Upcoming Family Tree Webinar - Tuesday, 22 January, 11 a.m. PST: Integrating old photos into your family history research, by Maureen Taylor
* Upcoming Family Tree Webinar - Wednesday, 23 January, 11 a.m. PST: Using OneNote With Your Genealogy, by Tessa Keough
* Archived Family Tree Webinar: What Would You Do If You Had Five Days in Washington, DC?, by Pamela Boyer Sayre
* Archived Family Tree Webinar: Three DNA Tests = Three Times the Fun, by Diahan Southard
4) Genealogy Education - Podcasts:
* Fisher’s Top Tips Podcast: #37 – Which Are You… A Genealogist Or Family Historian?
* Generations Cafe Podcast: Episode 17 - Can You Identify Your Ancestor?
5) Genealogy Education - Video:
* Family History Fanatics YouTube: A Teen's Take on the 2019 #NotAtRootsTech LiveStream Schedule
* Findmypast YouTube: More Catholic Records | Findmypast Fridays 18 Jan 2019 | Findmypast
* Ancestral Findings YouTube: AF-215: A Review of Family Tree Magazine
* AmericanAncestors YouTube: Preserving Your Family Treasures
* FamilySearch YouTube: Road To RootsTech, Episode 7: Customer Service at RootsTech
* Legacy Tree Genealogists YouTube: Sisters Reunited Through DNA
* MyHeritage YouTube: Flashback to the 60s
* RF Tree Genealogy YouTube: Podcast #3 - GEDmatch in the news
* The In-Depth Genealogist YouTube: Finding Your Roots: Samberg and Martin
6) Genealogy Bargains:
* Genealogy Bargains for Friday, January 18, 2019
7) DNA Success Stories
* I’m a geneticist. A DNA test uncovered a half-sister and sparked painful questions
* A young woman whose body was found 31 years ago is ID'd in cold case as Anaheim resident
8) Did you miss the last Genealogy News Bytes - 15 January 2019?
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.