4) Wrote and posted a biography of 6th great-grandfather #442 Joseph Colby (1707-1768) of Amesbury, Massachusetts and Chester, New Hampshire for my 52 Ancestors post on Friday.
5) Watched one Family Tree Webinar - Suggested Relationship Paths: An Inside Look at the Theory of Family Relativity™, by Ran Snir.
6) Participated in today's Mondays With Myrt. Today's webinar discussed new books (Genealogy Standards, 2nd edition; Tracing Their Steps - A Memoir; Family Tree Toolkit; and the Research Like a Pro Guidebook); Google+ goes away on 2 April; the SSDI and acquiring the application from Judy's blog; the new Discord.gg message boards (Russ started an FTMUser server); the Guild of One Name Studies (GOONS); my George Ruth will find; and Reunion and RootsMagic software features.
7) Worked some more on the new Ancestry ThruLines feature for connecting with about 120 of my AncestryDNA matches. Added about 20 "DNA Match" Facts and Notes for cousins with Thru Lines in RootsMagic.
7) There were several sessions working in the RootsMagic software program to update FamilySearch Family Tree profiles for Seaver families and other ancestral families, with occasional additions to the RootsMagic profiles. I have matched 29,862 of my RootsMagic persons with FSFT. Updated and cleaned up the Family Tree profiles for six ancestors, including life sketches, sources and notes.
8) I continue to use Web Hints and Record Matches from Ancestry, MyHeritage, Findmypast and FamilySearch to add content and sources to my RootsMagic profiles. I now have 52,942 persons in my RootsMagic file, and 102,736 source citations. I TreeShared three times during the last week (about 430 profiles), and resolved about 470 Ancestry Hints. I've fallen behind on the Ancestry Record Hints with 104,562 to be resolved, but I work on them weekly.
9) Wrote 20 Genea-Musings blog posts last week, of which two were press releases. The most popular post last week was AncestryDNA ThruLines Feature Is Imperfect - An Example - UPDATED with over 1,595 views.
The URL for this post is: https://www.geneamusings.com/2019/03/monday-genea-pourri-18-march-2019.html
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.