Here are some of the most precious (to me) images from my Seaver/Leland photograph collection:
In March 2010, we visited Australia, New Zealand and Fiji on a three week Grand Circle Travel Tour to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, and I took some photographs with my trusty digital camera.
1) While in Christchurch, we stayed downtown near the commercial center and stopped by the ChristChurch Cathedral:
2) We visited Willowbank, a nature preserve with kiwi birds and other native species, and one of the only photo of wildlife I took was of these warthogs:
3) At Willowbank, I'm not sure if that is a kiwi or not, I don't think so, but I took the photo anyway:
4) also at Willowbank, this lady walked by as I was snapping a photo of Linda. Check out her ... tattoo!
5) Our last evening in Christchurch was spent on a Home Host stay - Pete and Chris hosted us, Helen and Alice for dinner, overnight and breakfast. It was interesting to see their home and garden and hear about their work and travels. A fun night!
More on our New Zealand visit in coming weeks.
Unfortunately, I've lost the memories of all the details of this vacation - I know what we saw but can't remember what we were told. Fortunately, I found my Facebook photo albums from our 2010 vacation with pictures and some captions so all is not lost. I found that I posted very few photos from this vacation on Genea-Musings.
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver