* their son, #18 Edward Hildreth (1831-1899)who married #19, Sophia Newton (1834-1923) in 1852.
1) PERSON (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Name: Hannah Sawtell [1–3]
* Sex: Female
* Father: Josiah Sawtell (1768-1847)
* Mother: Hannah Smith (1768-1827)
* Alt. Name: Hannah Sartell 
* Alt. Name: Hannah Hildreth [3, 6–7]
* Alt. Name: Hannah Sawtelle 
2) TIMELINE (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Birth: 6 November 1789, Brookline, Hillsborough, New Hampshire, United States [4-5]
* Census: 1 June 1850 (age 60), Townsend, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States 
* Census: 1 June 1855 (age 65), Townsend, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States  * Death: 13 January 1857 (age 67), of paralysis; Townsend, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States 
* Burial: after 13 January 1857 (after age 67), New Cemetery, Townsend, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States 
3) SPOUSES AND CHILDREN (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Spouse 1: Zachariah Hildreth (1783-1857)
* Marriage: 21 October 1810 (age 20), Townsend, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States [1–2, 9]
* Child 1: Aaron Hildreth (1811-1884)
* Child 1: Clarissa Hildreth (1814-1819)
* Child 1: James Hildreth (1817-1892)
* Child 1: Clarissa Hildreth (1820-1852)
* Child 1: Elizabeth Hildreth (1822-1910)
* Child 1: Milo Hildreth (1824-1893)
* Child 1: Moses Hildreth (1828-1893)
* Child 1: Edward Hildreth (1831-1899)
* Child 1: Harriet Augusta Hildreth (1835-1850)
4) NOTES (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
The birth record for Hannah Sawtell in the Brookline, New Hampshire town records reads:
"Hannah Sartell daughter of Josiah Sartell and his wife Hannah born November 6th 1789."
The Townsend town record provides the marriage intention for Zachariah Hildreth and Hannah Sawtell as:
"1810 Sept. 5th rec'd of Mr. Zachriah Hildreth Jr. and Miss Hannah Sartell of this Town, with their intention of Marriage"
The Townsend town record also provides the marriage record for Zachariah Hildreth and Hannah Sawtell as:
"Return of Marriages of Rev'd David Palmer and as follows:
October 21  Zachariah Hildreth Jnr to Hannah Sartell"
A list of the family of Zachariah Hildreth and Hannah Sawtell was found in a Bible owned by the Northborough Historical Society. The "Milo Hildreth Family Bible Records" shows the following:
Zachariah Hildreth married Hannah Sawtelle Oct-21-1810
Zachariah Hildreth born April 10th-1783 died Jan 22d 1857 Agd 73-9-12
Hannah Sawtelle Nov 6-1789 " Jan 13th 1857 " 67-2-7
The list of children includes:
* Aaron Hildreth March 11th 1811 died June 11th 1884 Agd 73-3
* Clarissa Hildreth Aug 18th 1814 " Sept 16th 1819 Agd 5-0-29
* James Hildreth May 3d 1817 " April 13th 1892 - 74-11-10
* Clarissa Hildreth Jan 24th 1820 " July 24th 1852 agd 32-6-0
* Elizabeth Hildreth April 26 1822
* Milo Hildreth Aug 17th 1824
* Moses Hildreth Dec 27th 1828
* Edward Hildreth April 30th 1831
* Harriet Augusta Hildreth July 25th 1835 " July 7th 1850 Agd 14-4-1
In the 1850 US Census, the Zachariah Hildreth family resided in Townsend, Middlesex County, Massachusetts. The family included:
* Zachariah Hildreth, age 61, male, a farmer, $1000 in real property, born MA
* Hannah Hildreth, age 57, female, born NH
* Harriet A. Hildreth, age 14, female, born MA, attended school.
In the 1855 Massachusetts State Census, the Zechariah Hildreth household resided in Townsend, Middlesex County (indexed as Lechariah Hildreth), and included:
* Zechariah Hildreth - age 72, male, white, a farmer, born in Massachusetts
* Hannah Hildreth - age 65, female, born Massachusetts
* Elisabeth Wilder - age 33, female, born Massachusetts
* Nancy Wilder - age 10, female, born Massachusetts
The death record for Hannah (Sawtell) Hildreth states that she was married, age 67, and a paralytic when she died on 13 January 1857 in Townsend, Mass. She was born in Brookline NH, the daughter of Josiah and Hannah Sawtell.
The Townsend Vital Records book contains a burial record of Zachariah Hildreth in New Cemetery. The record says for the family group:
Hildreth, Clarissa, d. Zachariah & Hannah, Sept. 16, 1820,a. 5y. 29d.
Hildreth, Harriet A., July 7, 1850, a. 14y. 11m., 12d.
Hildreth, Hannah, w. Zachariah, Jan. 13, 1857, a. 67y.
Hildreth, Zachariah, Jan. 22, 1857, a. 73y.
There were no probate records for Hannah (Sawtell) Hildreth in the Middlesex County Probate Court records.
1. Townsend, Massachusetts, Certificate of Marriage, Zachariah Hildreth and Hannah Sawtell, 21 October 1810; Town Clerk's Office, Townsend, Mass. (certificate dated 12 January 1995).
2. Henry C. Hallowell (editor), Vital Records of Townsend, Massachusetts (Boston, Mass. : New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1992), page 62, Zachariah Hildreth and Hannah Sartell marriage entry.
3. "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1915," indexed database and digital images, New England Historic Genealogical Society, American Ancestors (http://www.AmericanAncestors.org), Deaths: Volume 112, Page 173, Townsend, 1857; Hannah Hildreth death entry.
4. Edward E. Parker, History of Brookline, Formerly Raby, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire (Brookline, N.H. : Town of Brookline, N.H., 1914).
5. "New Hampshire Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records, 1636-1947," digital images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/: accessed 12 November 2012), Hillsborough County, Brookline Town, "Town Records, 1769-1833," Page 526 (stamped), Hannah Sartell birth entry, 6 November 1789 (daughter of Josiah and Hannah Sartell); citing New Hampshire Town Clerk Records.
6. 1850 United States Federal Census, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, population schedule; Townsend town, Page 312, Zachariah Hildreth household, online database, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com); citing National Archives Microfilm Publication M432, Roll 796.
7. "Massachusetts State Census, 1855," indexed database and digital image, FamilySearch.org (https://www.familysearch.org), Middlesex County, Townsend, image 16 of 31, dwelling #1, family #1, Zachariah Hildreth household.
8. Henry C. Hallowell (editor), Vital Records of Townsend, Massachusetts (Boston, Mass. : New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1992), page 355, New Cemetery, Townsend, Mass., Hannah Hildreth burial entry.
9. Richard C. Fipphen, "Bible Records - Northborough Historical Society," The Mayflower Descendant, Vol. 35, No. 2 (July 1985), page 157, Zachariah Hildreth and Hannah Sawtelle entry.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/07/52-ancestors-in-52-weeks-week-30-37.html
copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver