The Genealogy Cruise part of this cruise is four days of genealogy education presented by Craig Scott, Cyndi Ingle, Angie Bush, Bill Litchman, and J. Mark Lowe. What a great lineup! You can see details at We're Going Cruising on 29 November to 6 December Out Of Los Angeles.
We are at sea somewhere off the coast of Baja California today. It is the first day of our genealogy classes.
The planned activities today on board are:
* 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. - Angie Bush on "DNA Test Results - What Do I Do Now?"
* 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. - J. Mark Lowe on "Research in the South and Everywhere Else"
* 11 a.m. to 12 noon - Cyndi Ingle on "Advanced Googling For Your Grandma"
* 12 noon to 2 p.m.: Lunch
* 2:15 to 3:15 p.m. - Bill Litchman on "The Underpinnings of the Genealogical Proof Standard"
* 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. - Angie Bush on "The Genealogical Proof Standard and DNA Testing"
* 4:45 to 5:45 p.m. - Craig Scott on "Researching a Revolutionary War Hessian Soldier"
* 6 to 8 p.m. - Dinner
* 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. - One on One Conferences in the Conference Center
We will be at sea on Monday, on our way to Puerto Vallarta, arriving on Tuesday, 2 December.
I do not have my laptop computer with me on this cruise, and refuse to pay the high fee for Internet access, so I will post summaries and photographs after we return.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver