Here are more of the photographs I took during our visit:
1) Linda (wearing her Padres shirt!) posing with a decorated donkey (?) in beautiful downtown St. Joseph:
I have no clue what the significance of the donkey or the sandbox was - it was on the sidewalk where we were.
2) Replicas of two of Christopher Columbus's ships, the Nina and Pinta, were moored in St. Joseph harbor, and there were tours and docents and displays. This is (I think) the Nina:
3) Another view from the main deck:
4) I think that these models of the two ships were down below the main deck:
5) Another view onboard the ship:
6) The ship Pinta (I think) moored on the bay:
A side note: This is Columbus Day - and I have photos of replicas of two of his ships. One of my society colleagues thinks she is related to Cristobal Colon!