Monday, November 16, 2009
Kreativ Blogger Award - passing it on
I was given the "Kreativ Blogger" award by Terri O'Connell of the Finding Our Ancestors blog. Thank you, Terri!
There are two requirements to pass on this award - list seven things about myself and pass it on to seven more bloggers. I actually received this award back in February 2009, but didn't follow the rules.
Seven things about me (and my family history):
1) I am a fifth generation San Diegan (this is a pretty big deal in San Diego, not so much in the northeast)
2) I am a 12th generation Seaver with New England roots (my 10th-great-grandfather Robert Seaver (1608-1683) settled in Roxbury in Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1634)
3) I have at least six Mayflower 1620 passengers in my ancestry - William White, Susanna (--?--) White, George Soule, Francis Cooke, John Cooke, and Richard Warren. And perhaps at least two more if I can prove the tie of Elizabeth Dill (1794-1869) to Thomas Dill and Hannah Horton -- Stephen Hopkins and William Brewster.
4) I am descended from Rebecca (Towne) Nurse, a woman hanged as a witch in Salem in 1692.
5) I am descended from American poetess Ann (Dudley) Bradstreet.
6) I am a cousin of a number of Presidents, including Barack Obama.
7) I publish a Seaver-Richmond Family Journal each year as a Christmas gift for my extended family. This year will be Issue 22.
OK, passing it on:
2) Ruth Himan on the Genealogy is Ruthless Without Me blog (for most creative blog title!)
3) Becky Jamison on the Grace and Glory blog.
4) Craig Manson on the Geneablogie blog.
5) James Tanner on the Genealogy's Star blog.
6) Jean Wilcox Hibben on the Circlemending blog.
7) Gena Philibert Ortega on the Gena's Genealogy blog.
So, pass it on, creative genea-bloggers!