The announcement says:
"Serving as a source of inspiration and recognition to showcase outstanding genealogy websites, the 2008 Artistry of Genealogy Awards (AGA) recognizes excellence in preserving family history through genealogy. The categories and winners were selected by consumers across the country who had their photo memories digitally preserved by ScanMyPhotos.com.
"Technology has enhanced the interest in learning about genealogy - the art of studying family history and investigating the ancestry of a family tree. While there are tens of thousands of Blog postings and websites dedicated to genealogy, The Photo Preservation Center - an educational division of ScanMyPhotos.com - has commissioned a study to reveal the very best sites and is announcing the winners of the 2008 Artistry of Genealogy Awards."
Several genealogy bloggers received awards -
* Jasia's Creative Gene blog for "Best Ongoing Family History Story"
* Miriam Midkiff's Ancestories1: Stories of My Ancestors blog for "Best Personal Genealogy Blog."
* Renee Zamora's Renee's Genealogy Blog for "Best Personal Genealogy Blog"
* Diane Haddad's Genealogy Insider blog for "Best Genealogy Reference Tool."
* Richard Eastman's Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter for "Best Genealogy Newsletter."
Congratulations to these award winners - they all do a wonderful job. Overall, there were 15 awards given for Artistry of Genealogy - go read the entire list.
I was curious about the award for "Most Popular Genealogy Database" to www.FamilyTreeConnection.com. I had never heard of this site. However, it is part of the www.GenealogyToday.com web site empire of Illya Daddezio. I also discovered Illya's new blog there!
Thanks to Becky Wiseman for being the first genea-blogger to "find" this announcement on her Kinnexions blog.