This is a long one - so stay with us...
Last week, we announced the schedule for the pay-per-view live streamed sessions from the Genetic Genealogy 2016 Conference. Thank you to genealogists around the world who have already registered for the DNA pay-per-view sessions.
Now, it's time to release the rest of the news you've been waiting for - the schedule for the FREE live streaming from the 47th Annual Southern California Genealogy Jamboree.
We are very grateful to our Diamond Sponsor, Ancestry.com, which is underwriting the cost of the free Jamboree Live Stream. With their generous support, SCGS is once again able to bring you 14 hours of high-quality family history education free of charge.
The live streamed sessions from Jamboree are listed below. Session descriptions, speaker bios, suggested experience levels and schedule details are available on the Jamboree website.
The Jamboree streaming video is FREE, but you will need to register to view the broadcasts. We encourage you to register in advance so there is no delay when you want to view the sessions.
Friday, June 3
FR008 German Immigrant Waves: Contrasts and Sources - James M.Beidler
FR018 Problems and Pitfalls of a "Reasonably Shallow" Search - Elissa Scalise Powell, CG®, CGL®
FR027 Tracking Migrations and More: The Records of Old Settlers Organizations - Paula Stuart- Warren, CG®, FMGS, FUGA
FR035 Principles of Effective Evidence Analysis - George Goodloe Morgan
Saturday, June 4
SA009 Getting Started with Eastern European Research - Lisa A. Alzo, MFA
SA018 Be Your Own Digital Archivist: Preserve Your Research - Cyndi Ingle
SA022 German Names: Their Origins, Meanings, and Distribution - C. Fritz Juengling, PhD, AG®
SA032 Using Military Pension Files to Fill Gaps in Family History - J. H. Fonkert, CG®
SA037 Maximizing Your Use of Evidence - Thomas Wright Jones, PhD, CG®, CGL®, FASG, FUGA, FNGS
SA052 German Genealogy on the Internet: Beyond the Basics - Michael D. Lacopo, DVM
Sunday, June 5
SU009 The Firelands, the Connecticut Western Reserve and the Ohio Territory - Peggy Clements Lauritzen, AG®
SU010 Avoiding Shiny Penny Syndrome with Your Genealogy - Tessa Ann Keough
SU027 All Aboard: Staying on Track with Your Research - Barbara M. Randall
SU031 U. S. Passport Applications - Debbie Mieszala, CG®
You won't be bored between sessions. Videos featuring Ancestry's training team will run during Jamboree breaks and lunches.
We hope you will share these broadcasts with others. Because the sessions are sponsored by Ancestry and available for free, you can host viewing parties with one or two friends, or with a room full of fellow society members. Of course, we also hope you will share this email to help us promote this outstanding opportunity.
If you can't watch a session in real-time as it is being live streamed, you will be able to watch it at your convenience before July 5, 2016, on the live stream website (not to be confused with the SCGS website and the Extension Series Webinar archives available for SCGS members).
Jamboree and DNA live streamed sessions will not be available for purchase on DVD, nor will they be accessible in the SCGS website archive.
Registration for the pay-per-view and free Jamboree sessions will remain open through July 5, 2016 when the special archive will close.
DNA Pay Per View
If you missed the announcement about the Genetic Genealogy 2016 pay-per-view broadcast, you can find all the details on the DNA registration page. The live streamed sessions for Genetic Genealogy will not be available on the Jamboree live streamed website.
- You do not have to be a member of SCGS, nor do you need your SCGS membership number, to view any of the streaming video.
- Streaming videos will not be shown on the SCGS website and are not the same as Jamboree Extension Series Webinars.
- Genetic Genealogy/DNA Day pay-per-view live streaming is separate from Jamboree Free live streaming and is accessed via a separate webpage.
- Each registration will generate a confirmation email that will contain your username (email) and automatically generated password.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you sign up for both live streamed opportunities, you will generate 2 separate passwords. Please keep track.
- If you forget your password or have any technical difficulties, click "Contact Support" on the live streaming webpage.
- The Jamboree App is not involved in live streaming. Don't forget to download this. Read this blog post for details.
- Jamboree live streaming is FREE and available to the public, but viewers need to register. We highly encourage you to register in advance.