My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* "Blaine Day" at Archives of Michigan by the writer of the Gone Researching blog. GR went to Blaine Bettinger's seminar and tells us about it.
* DNA Developments by Judy G. Russell on The Legal Genealogist blog. Judy shares recent DNA news.
* GeneaGem -- Revisiting Stephen Morse's One-Step Webpages by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog. Linda highlights some of the gems on the Stephen Morse site.
* We're Related App-- Update by Russ Worthington on the A Worthington Weblog. Russ is working on proving the cousin relationships on his We're Related mobile app. This may be interesting.
* The Large DNA Matches of my Great-Grandfather by Israel Pickholtz on the All My Foreparents blog. Israel continues his DNA test analysis - it is really complicated.
* FAN Principals Unfolded by Tony Proctor on the Parallax View blog. Tony's treatise on the subject is must reading.
* Taking My Cue From Lifelong Learning by Jacqi Stevens on the A Family Tapestry blog. Jacqi answers the three questions she asks her students.
* The Myth of Ellis Island, Part I by Barbara P. Zabitz on the Genealogy! Just Ask! blog. Barbara's ancestor was told to change their name by an inspector...true or not?
* ARCHIVED: WACKY Wednesday - Ancestry's We're Related App by Pat Richley-Erickson on DearMYRTLE's Genealogy Blog. Pat summarizes the panel conclusions from this weekly Hangout On Air.
* I Found It at the Vermont State Archives by Denise Levenick on The Family Curator blog. Denise describes her work at these archives.
* 3 Practical Strategies for Finding Female Ancestors by Amy Johnson Crow on the Amy Johnson Crow blog. Great suggestions!
* Happy 30th Birthday, RootsMagic! Part 7: Death in the Family by Bruce Buzbee on the RootsMagic Blog. Bruce recounts how Family Origins died and RootsMagic was about to be created.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 18th Nov. 2016 by Crissouli on That Moment in Time blog.
* GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 18 November 2016 by Jill Ball on the GeniAus blog.
* Recommended Reads by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds 18 Nov 2016 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* Follow Friday ~ Fab Finds for November 18, 2016 by Jana Last on Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Week: 19 November 2016 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- November 19, 2016 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Weekly Genealogy Picks by John Newmark on the TransylvanianDutch blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/11/best-of-genea-blogs-13-to-19-november.html
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.