My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* My First FGS Conference AKA Academy Awards Show of Genealogy by Jacquie Schattner on the Seeds to Tree blog. Jacquie had a great time at the FGS Conference!
* Thoughts on the Future of FamilySearch Centers by James Tanner on the Rejoice, and Be Exceeding Glad... blog. I think James is right about this. Change happens.
* Seven Habits of Highly Effective Genealogists by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog. Now she tells me...
* 10 Ways to Share Your Family History by Devon Noel Lee on A Patient Genealogist blog. Nice list.
* Looking for Not-Walter by Jacqi Stevens on A Family Tapestry blog. Jacqi always has interesting and challenging research problems.
* DNA Matching Now Live by Esther on the MyHeritage Blog. MyHeritage now has DNA matching to other
* Genealogy Can Be a Dangerous Hobby! by Sandy on The Frugal Genealogist blog. Sandy backed off because of threats.
* Overcoming the 1973 NPRC Fire: 5 Auxiliary Source For Reconstructing Military Service by Jake Fletcher on the Jake Fletcher Genealogy Project blog. Jake provides some available records to work around the NPRC record losses.
* Return to Greece, 2016. Part Seven: Digging Deeper by Carol Petranek on the Spartan Roots blog. Carol went to Greece this summer and reports on some of her research results.
* The Importance of Good Note-Taking by Jill Morelli on the Genealogical Certification: My Personal Journal blog. Jill describes her note taking process used on her Midwest research trip.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 9th September 2016 by Crissouli on That Moment in Time blog.
* Recommended Reads by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Follow Friday - 7 Days of Genealogy Blogs by Melissa on Jessica and Gracie's Tree blog.
* Friday Finds 9 September 2016 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- September 10, 2016 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Weekly Genealogy Picks and Calendar by John Newmark on the TransylvanianDutch blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Week: 10 September 2016 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/09/best-of-genea-blogs-4-to-10-september.html
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.