My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or arepoignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
Well, since I was at RootsTech 2017 all week, I didn't make any picks. You will have to be happy with the picks of the other geneabloggers listed below.
For all of the RootsTech 2017 posts by geneabloggers, see:
* RootsTech 2017 Blog Compendium
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking Feb 10th, 2017 by Crissouli on the That Moment In Time blog.
* Friday's Family History Finds by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Brsnches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds: Week 6 - 2017 by Martin Roe on the Norwegian Genealogy and then some blog.
* Saturday Finds 11 Feb 2017 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- February 11, 2017 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (February 11, 2017) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/02/best-of-genea-blogs-5-to-11-february.html
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.