Monday, February 13, 2017

Day Four (Saturday) at #RootsTech 2017

I didn't get much sleep after the MyHeritage party night, so was bleary-eyed all day Saturday.

Here is a  link to all of the currently available Saturday streamed sessions (I couldn't find the whole day on video):

The highlights of my Saturday were:

*  I made it to the Keynote session 20 minutes early because I misread the time on my laptop.  The keynote highlight for me was CeCe Moore's talk on DNA testing and her DNA Detectives success stories.   I was bored by the Cake Boss - all talk no pictures - but he did have some inspirational moments.

*  After the keynote it was off to the Media Hub and there was a crowd around Buddy and CeCe and there was a group talking to the new Ancestry executive.  I neglected to sign up for the latter.  I wrote a blog post instead.

*  I left at 11 a.m. for the MyHeritage exhibit, and gave my 15 minute presentation on using the Compilation of Published Sources on MyHeritage.  The handheld microphone worked better than the lapel mic I had on Thursday.  The talk went well, but the presentation could have been better.

*  I went to lunch in the Expo Hall food area, and sat with Roger Moffat.  We missed the blogger photograph  Oh well - second year in a row.

*  I took some photos during the walk back to the Media Hub, and talked to several vendors.  Then it was blogging and updating the blog compendium.

*  I left at 3:15 p.m. and went back to the Radisson and took a nap.  I was interrupted by the maid to clean the room.  Linda wasn't there, so I went down to the pool and found her - we had to leave at 5:30 p.m. riding with Ken and Linda Robbins to DearMYRTLEs.

*  We had a long conversation on the 30 minute ride to South Jordan, and got there just after 6 p.m.  There were 40 to 50 people at the party.  I have some photos and I'll put them in another blog post.  Dinner was great - from Olive Garden (pasta fagioli soup, salad, breadsticks) and lots of yummy desserts.  Pat and Carrie fixed something special for Linda because of her allergies - thank you!!!

*  We left at 8:30 p.m. and got back to the hotel just after 9 p.m.  I updated the compendium, wrote a blog post, and collapsed at 10:30.

*  Awake at 5 a.m. on Sunday, and never went back to sleep.  We had breakfast at 7 a.m., and had a shuttle scheduled for Sunday morning at 8 a.m., got to the airport by 8:30, and our 10:30 flight to Las Vegas was on time, and we got home by 2:15 p.m., right on schedule, and home by 3:15 p.m..  I took a nap in the recliner.  I worked on the photos and uploaded them to the desktop computer, and got to bed relatively early.


The URL for this post is:

Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver

Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post.  Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below.  Or contact me by email at

No comments: