I am in the 8th great-grandmothers and I'm up to Ancestor #1521, who is FNU LNU (1657-1732) [Note: the earlier great-grandmothers and 8th great-grandfathers have been covered in earlier posts].
My ancestral line back through one generation of this LNU family line is:
1. Randall J. Seaver (1943-????)
2. Frederick Walton Seaver (1911-1983)
3. Betty Virginia Carringer (1919-2002)
4. Frederick Walton Seaver (1876-1942)
5. Alma Bessie Richmond (1882-1962)
10. Thomas Richmond (1848-1917)
11. Julia E. White (1848-1913)
22. Henry Arnold White (1824-1885)
23. Amy Frances Oatley (1826-1864)
46. Jonathan Oatley (1790-1872)
47. Amy Champlin (1798-1865)
94. Joseph Champlin (1758-1850)
95. Nancy Kenyon (1765-????)
190. John Kenyon (1742-1831)
191. Ann --?-- (1742-1824)
380. Sylvester Kenyon (1710-1800)
381. Anna Barber (1717-????)
760. John Kenyon (1682-1735)
761. Elizabeth Remington (1686-1747)
1520. John Kenyon, born about 1647 in England; died before 26 June 1732 in Westerly, Washington, Rhode Island, United States. He married before 1682:
1521. FNU LNU, born about 1657 in probably Rhode Island, United States; died before June 1732 in Westerly, Washington, Rhode Island, United States.
Children of John Kenyon and FNU LNU are:
* John Kenyon (1682-1735), married 1704 Elizabeth Remington (1686-1747)
* James Kenyon (1685-1774), married (1) 1716 Mary Place (1695-1718); (2) 1719 Sarah Gardiner (1688-????).
* Enoch Kenyon (1688-1781), married (1) Sarah Eldred (1684-????); (2) 1747 Ann Auckmundy (1710-????)/
* David Kenyon (1693-1772), married 1722 Mary Sanford (1702-1761).
* Jonathan Kenyon (1695-1767), married 1721 Sarah Rogers (1697-????).
* Joseph Kenyon (1697-1766), married 1724 Mercy LNU (1690-1764).
* Samuel Kenyon (1699-1724).
Some book and online family trees claim that FNU LNU is an Anna Mumford. The 1935 Kenyon genealogy (American Kenyons by Captain Howard N. Kenyon) claimed that John Kenyon, immigrant ancestor of most Kenyons in the United States, married Anna Mumford. Shortly after Capt. Kenyon published his book, Meredith Colket, refuted Capt. Kenyon's assertion regarding this marriage in an article published in The American Genealogist (Volume 13, pages 53-55, July 1936).
John Kenyon (1647-1732) may have had at least two wives. Anna (?), the mother of his first children, Ms. Mumford the mother of the rest of his children (because of a land record with brother-in-law Thomas Mumford), and perhaps a third. That's why I listed the mtoher's name as FNU LNU.
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.