I wrote about the Family Tree portion of the MyHeritage mobile app in Technology Tuesday - MyHeritage Mobile App - Family Tree, and the Research portion of the MyHeritage app in Technology Tuesday - MyHeritage Mobile App - Research.
1) The opening screen of the MyHeritage mobile app on my iPhone looks like this:
2) I tapped on the "Family Photos" line and I could see the two Albums that I have on my MyHeritage website:
3) Tapping on the "Family tree photos" I could see thumbnail images of the photos that I have uploaded to my MyHeritage family tree:
4) If I tap on one of the photo thumbnails, I can see the image in the full screen, with the photo file title and file date in the bottom left-hand corner.
The three dots in the right-hand corner provide the user the choice of:
* Save to library
* Remove current photo
The "Done" button at the top right of the screen above takes you back to the "Family tree photos" screen.
5) On the "Family tree photos" screen, if I click on the Camera icon on the upper right-hand side of the screen, I can add a Photo to the collection:
I have the choice of:
* Choose from a library (on my iPhone)
* Take a photo (using my iPhone camera)
If I choose from a library, the photo is put into the "Family tree photos" page. I didn't see a way to attach the photo I uploaded to a person in my MyHeritage family tree. Perhaps I have to do that when I'm online in my MyHeritage family tree.
6) This "Family Photos" aspect of the MyHeritage mobile app works well, and a user can easily add photographs from the camera on their phone or tablet to the MyHeritage photo collection.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/10/technology-tuesday-myheritage-app.html
Copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver