FORUM Magazine is now offered as a digital magazine downloaded from the FGS website. While it is ostensibly for the leaders of member societies and FGS Delegates from those societies, it is available on a subscription basis.
The Table of Contents for the Fall 2009 issue includes:
* page 3 -- Friends of FGS: Your Opportunity to Make a Difference, by Curt Witcher
* page 6 -- Next FGS Conference: Knoxville, Tennessee, by Paula Stuart-Warren * page 11 -- Societies Going Virtual – An Update, by David E. Rencher
* page 17 -- The Heyrock Family, by Sandra H. Luebking
* page 21 -- Strays, by Sandra H. Luebking
* page 22 -- David S. Ferriero Named U.S. Archivist
* page 23 -- Malcolm H. Stern NARA Gift Fund
* page 25 -- News in Brief
* page 25 -- State Reporting
* page 27 -- Records Preservation & Access column, by Linda Caldwell McCleary
* page 29 -- Ethnic & International column , by Linda Caldwell McCleary
* page 31 -- Family Associations column, by Christine Rose
* page 33 -- Notes from the Field column, Our Military Heritage: A Growing Source of Military Data for Genealogists, by Curt B. Witcher
* page 36 -- Genealogy 2.0 column, Genealogy Blogs: Information, Research and Soapbox, by Randy Seaver
* page 39 -- Book Review, edited by Paul Milner
* page 49 -- Calendar of Events, Ann L. Wells
FORUM Magazine is edited by Sandra Hargreaves Luebking, and the Production Manager is Gary Mokotoff.
In this issue, I especially appreciated the David Rencher piece on genealogical societies going virtual, and really enjoyed reading Sandra's article about finding the Heyrock Family in online resources.
Attentive Genea-Musings and Geneaholic readers know that I was appointed the Genealogy 2.0 columnist for FORUM Magazine in December 2008, and now have three columns under my belt, and a fourth one in the editing process. I am honored to have this position, and find it challenging to write a limited number of words on a deadline for all of the traditional genealogy world to read.
Disclosure: I am a columnist for FORUM Magazine, and receive my copy of the magazine gratis.