1) GeneaBloggers Radio Episode 57 -- Thomas MacEntee hosts the show this week with co-host Robin Foster of Saving Stories, titled "African-American Genealogy Resources." This show is on:
Friday, February 24, 2012
* 9 pm-10:30 pm Eastern US
* 8-9:30 pm Central US
* 7-8:30 pm Mountain US
* 6-7:30 pm Pacific US
* 2 am London UK
* 1pm Saturday Sydney AUS
The show guests are:
* Tim Pinnick, Family Tree University instructor and a recognized specialist in Black newspaper research who’ll discuss where to find newspapers and how to use them for your research;
* Shelley Murphy of the Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society, Chapter of Central Virginia, whose current project is a book about the “free colored” families who homesteaded in Benzie and Manistee counties in Michigan;
* Drusilla Pair, of the Find Your Folks blog, will update us on her recent “Sunday Crowns” presentation and the role of hats and churches in African-American genealogy.
You can read more information about the guests at "African-American Genealogy Resources."
2) FGS Radio - My Society, an Internet radio show on Blog Talk Radio presented by the Federation of Genealogical Societies. This week's show is "Society Leadership: Presidents’ Day." It will be hosted by Randy Whited. The show airs at:
Saturday, February 25, 2012
* 2-3 pm Eastern US
* 1-2 pm Central US
* 12-1 pm Mountain US
* 11 am-12pm Pacific US
The special guests and features include:
* Sue Kaufman, President of the Texas State Genealogical Society,
* Pat Oxley, president of theFederation of Genealogical Societies. Together they will discuss this integral role on the board of most genealogical societies and how they overcame challenges to move their organizations forward.
* We’ll be featuring FGS member society, Clarke-Oconee Genealogical Society, in our weekly Society Spotlight feature.
You can read more information about the guests at "Society Leadership: Presidents’ Day."
Tune in to FGS Radio – My Society each week to learn more about genealogy societies and join in a discussion of the issues impacting the genealogical community.
You can also listen to the archived shows on Blog Talk Radio by going to the two show sites:
* Geneabloggers Radio: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/geneabloggers/
* FGS Radio - MySociety: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mysociety/
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2012/02/follow-friday-this-weekends-genealogy_24.html
Copyright (c) Randall J. Seaver, 2012.