Here is the transcription of the information in the death certificate (typed portions underlined, handwritten portions in italics):
District No. 3701 Registrar's No. 50
1. FULL NAME: DELLA A. CARRINGER
2. Place of Death: (A) County: San Diego
(B) City or town: San Diego
(C) Name of Hospital or Institution: 2115 30th St.
(D) Length of Stay: In Hospital or Institution: ----- In This Community: 55 yrs In California: 55 yrs.
(E) If foreign born, how long in the U.S.A.: Life years
3. Usual Residence of Deceased: (A) State: California
(B) County: San Diego
(C) City or Town: San Diego
(D) Street No.: 2115 30th Street
(E) If Veteran, Name of War: No
(F) Social Security No.: None
4. Sex: Female
5. Color or Race: White
6. (A) Single, Married, widowed or Divorced: Married
(B) Name of Husband or Wife: Henry Austin Carringer
(C) Age of Husband or Wife if Alive: 90
7. Birthdate of Deceased: April 11, 1862
8. Age: 81 Yrs 8 Mos 21 Days
9. Birthplace: Rolling Prairie, Dodge Co., Wis.
10. Usual Occupation: Housewife
11. Industry or Business: At home
12. Father's Name: Devier I. Smith
13. Father's Birthplace: U.S.A.
14. Mother's Maiden Name: Abbey A. Vaux
15. Mother's Birthplace: Unknown
16. (A) Informant: Henry A. Carringer
(B) Address: 2115 30th St., San Diego, Calif.
17. (A) Cremation
(B) Date: 1/8/44
(C) Place: Cypress View Crematory
18. (A) Embalmer's signature: Geo. W. Loveall License No. 447
(B) Funeral Director: Benbough Funeral Parlor Address: 711 Date St., San Diego, Calif. By: Kenneth J. Conrad
19. (A) Date Filed: 1/7/44
(B) Registrar's Signature: Alex M. Lesem, M.D.
20. Date of Death: Month: January Day 1 Year 1944 Hour 5 Minute 10 p.m.
21. MEDICAL CERTIFICATE: I hereby Certify that I attended the Deceased from 12/21/43 to 1/1/44 That I has saw h er alive on 1/1/44 and that death occurred on the date and hour stated above.
Immediate cause of death: Chr. Myocarditis Occlusion
Due to: [blank]
Other Conditions: None
Major Findings: of operations: None performed Of Autopsy -----
22 CORONER'S CERTIFICATE [blank]
23. If Death was due to external causes, fill in the following: [blank]
24. Coroner's or Physician's Signature: Julio Paex, M.D.
Address: 922 Bank of America Date: 1/4/44
STATE OF CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
CERTIFICATE OF DEATH
U.S. DEPT. OF COMMERCE BUREAU OF THE CENSUS
The source citation for this death certificate is (using the Evidence Explained template for a Death Certificate, local level):
Della A. Carringer Certificate of Death, Local Registration District 3701 (San Diego), Registrar's No. 50 (1944), State of California Department of Public Health, San Diego, California.
The only errors I see on this form are the birthplaces of Della's parents - Devier was born in New York and Abbey was born in New York.
As a result of this death certificate, I now know her birth and death dates and places, her parents names, her husband's name and age, their address, the cause of death, the place and time of death, the physician's name, and the disposition of her body.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver