My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Genealogy and the Zombie Apocalypse by Amie Bowser Tennant on the RootsBid blog. Amie has a great idea, but ignore the zombie stuff.
* Oh, the Advantages of Having My Family Tree Online at My Blog by Heather Wilkinson Rojo on the Nutfield Genealogy blog. What a great vacation find for Heather. I agree with the title too!
* Copyright, Plagiarism, And Fair Use: A Genealogist’s Not So Simple Guide To The Truth by Shannon Combs Bennett on the National Institute for Genealogical Studies blog. Shannon ponders these issues, and makes some recommendations.
* Because of You ~ Moving Forward by Cheri Hudson Passey on the Worldwide Genealogy ~ A Genealogical Collaboration blog. Thank you for sharing, Cheri, and many blessings to you.
* Mocavo’s Free Forever Promise No Longer by the writer of The Ancestry Insider blog. But they promised!
* 4 Ways to Power Up Your Courthouse Research Skills by Sunny Morton on Lisa Louise Cooke's Genealogy Gems blog. Excellent tips.
* Diamond Endogamy by Israel Pickholtz on the All My Foreparents blog. Israel's friend Evelyne has FTDNA autosomal matches with Lara Diamond's family, and Israel helps sort it out.
* Endogamous Diamonds, Continued by Lara Diamond on Lara's Jewnealogy blog. Lara expands the DNA study matching with Evelyne and examines the Diamond possible relationships with her.
* The Name Game by Judy G. Russell on The Legal Genealogist blog. Judy finds Wisconsin records for name changes.
* My Latest Excel Spreadsheet by Michele Simmons Lewis on the Ancestoring blog. This is an excellent idea.
* Why Aren't You Having Fun with Your Genealogy Research?And 4 Ways to Fix It! by Kenneth R. Marks on The Ancestor Hunt blog. Kenneth has helpful suggestions.
* WDYTYA? Live Day 1; Day 2; Day 3 by John D. Reid on Canada's Anglo-Celtic Connections blog. John files daily reports from Birmingham on this UK conference.
* Who Do You Think You Are Live! 2016 - Day 1; - Day 2; by M. Diane Rogers on the Canada Genealogy, or, "Jane's Your Aunt" blog. Diane reports from Birmingham also.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking April 8th, 2016 by Crissouli on That Moment in Time blog.
* GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 10 April 2016 by Jill Ball on the GeniAus blog.
* Recommended Reads by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds 8 April 2016 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* Follow Friday -- April 8, 2016 by Wendy Littrell on the All My Branches Genealogy blog.
* Follow Friday ~ Fab Finds for April 8, 2016 by Jana Last on Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- April 9, 2016 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Week: 9 April 2016 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1590 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/04/best-of-genea-blogs-3-to-9-april-2016.html
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.