1) LENIN -- 86 matches for given name Lenin:
There is a Lenin Romanoff residing in Spokane, Washington.
There are 124 matches for the surname of Lenin.
2) STALIN -- There are 26 matches for given name Stalin
There are 113 matches for the surname Stalin, including a Joseph Stalin in King County, Washington, and another in Tazewell County, Illinois.
3) MUSSOLINI -- There are 4 matches for given name Mussolini.
There are 24 matches for the surname Mussolini.
4) WINSTON CHURCHILL -- There are 36 persons named Winston Churchill.
5) KING GEORGE -- There are 16 persons named King George.
6) FRANKLIN ROOSEVELT -- There are 6 persons named Franklin Roosevelt.
7) THEODORE ROOSEVELT -- There are 18 persons named Theodore Roosevelt.
8) HERBERT HOOVER -- There are 201 persons named Herbert Hoover.
9) DONALD DUCK -- there are 12 persons named Donald Duck.
10) QUEEN VICTORIA -- there are two persons named Queen Victoria.
What famous names do you suggest for the 1940 U.S. census?
NOTE: I stole this idea from Kirsty Gray (see http://family-wise.co.uk/world-war-naming-patterns/), and expanded it a bit. Thanks, Kirsty!
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/09/censuswhacking-historical-names-in-1940.html
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.