You can download the mobile app at the Apple App Store for iOS devices and Google Play Store for Android devices.
The website says:
"Find the fame in the fam. Are you related to someone famous or one of your closest friends? We’re Related can show you the surprising, significant, or boast-worthy connections in your tree. Your coworker could be your cousin. Or your cousin could be an icon."
1) The opening screen after opening the app:
2) After tapping the "Get Started" link, I chose to receive "New Relative notifications:"
3) I tapped "Yes" and was asked if I have an Ancestry account:
4) I tapped "Yes" and was asked to sign into Ancestry.com:
5) I managed to sign in and then saw the list of my Ancestry Member Trees:
6) I selected the Tree I wanted, and had to identify myself in my tree:
7) I identified myself in my tree, and then this screen appeared:
8) I tapped the "Active Tree" listed and the "insights" screen appeared, with the rotating icon indicating that the system was working, apparently trying to find famous distant cousins. It never got out of this mode for over an hour. I finally tapped out of the mobile app.
This morning, I was able to download the app again and it quickly identified me and my tree and showed me five distant cousins, including President Bill Clinton (who knew?).
I will have more later about this mobile app.
Disclosure: I have a paid Ancestry.com subscription, but have received compensation from Ancestry.com in the past for travel expenses. I was a Beta tester for this mobile app and received a gift card compensation for that effort. These factors have not affected my objective analysis or opinions about this product.
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.