Thursday, March 12, 2015
Treasure Chest Thursday - Post 253: 1917 Thomas Richmond Death Record
It's Treasure Chest Thursday - time to look in my digital image files to see what treasures I can find for my family history and genealogy musings.
The treasure today is the 1917 death record for my great-grandfather Thomas Richmond (1848-1917) in Clinton, Massachusetts.
The extracted information in this record includes:
* Place of Death: Clinton [Massachusetts], Cedar Street
* Full Name: Thomas Richmond
* Residence: Church Street, Putnam, Conn.
* Date of Death: Nov. 9, 1917
* Cause of Death: Primary Anaemia
* Attending Physician: Walter P. Bowers, M.D.
* Sex: Male
* Color or Race: White
* Single, married, etc: Widowed
* Date of Birth: June 10, 1848
* Age: 69 years, 4 months, 29 days
* Occupation: Overseer
* Birthplace: England
* Name of Father: James Richmond
* Birthplace of Father: England
* Maiden Name of Mother: Hannah Rich
* Birthplace of Mother: England
* Place of Burial: Grove, Putnam, Conn.
* Date of Burial: Nov. 12, 1917
* Informant: Mrs. Walter Pickford, Cedar Street, Clinton, Mass.
The source citation for this record is:
"Massachusetts, State Vital Records, 1841-1920," indexed database and digital images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org : accessed 19 June 2014), Deaths > Deaths 1917 vol 17 Chilmark-Danvers > image 213 of 511; page 212 (stamped), Clinton, Registered No. 184, Thomas Richmond certificate; citing Secretary of the Commonwealth, State Archives, Boston.
Thomas Richmond resided in Putnam, Connecticut after his wife, Juliet (White) Richmond died in 1913, but went to reside with his daughter, Annie (Richmond) Pickford in Clinton, Massachusetts for the last year of his life.
This is the only record I have for the birth date of Thomas Richmond. His baptism record in the Hilperton, Wiltshire parish records indicates he was baptized on 16 June 1848, as Thomas Richman, son of James and Hannah Richman. I have not sent away for the Civil Registry record for his birth in England.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2015/03/treasure-chest-thursday-post-253-1917.html
copyright (c) 2015, Randall J. Seaver