Co-sponsored by the San Diego Genealogical Society and the San Diego History Center, the event will be held at the San Diego History Center in Balboa Park on Sat., October 10th from 8:30-12:30.
The keynote speaker will be CeCe Moore, Genetic Genealogist from Finding Your Roots and Genealogy Roadshow. CeCe will speak on:
* “DNA: Stories from Finding Your Roots”
* and also teach a class “Autosomal DNA: Discovering Your Ancestors in You.”
Additional classes at the event include:
* “Researching Your Family Tree – How to Get Started” with Del Ritchhart;
* “Social Media & Networking for Genealogists” with Randy Seaver;
* “Local & Online Resources for Genealogy Research” panel discussion with Peter Steelquist (Facilitator), Rick Crawford (Central Library), Jane Kenealy (San Diego History Center Research Library), Ross McCollum (San Diego Family Search Library) and Amy Davis (Carlsbad Library).
Genealogy Day will also include a continental breakfast and Exhibit Hall. The registration fee is $40 for SDGS and SDHC members, and $50 for non-members.
Seating will be limited, so register soon after 31 July 2015 (SDGS and SDHC members only) and 14 August 2015 (non-members).
For registration and information, visit: www.sandiegohistory.org/genealogy. For questions contact Penny McBride, SDGS Education Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2015/07/genealogy-day-in-san-diego-is-saturday.html
Copyright (c) 2015, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.