Here are some of the most precious (to me) images from my Seaver/Leland photograph collection:
In March 2010, we visited Australia, New Zealand and Fiji on a three week Grand Circle Travel Tour to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, and I took some photographs with my trusty digital camera.
1) While we were in Cairns, we traveled one day to a cattle ranch west of Cairns called Wetherby's. On the way, we stopped for refreshments at this pub where our tour guide Lynda (not my Linda) "shouted" everyone a drink:
2) After the bar, we made it to Wetherby Cattle Station, where the cowboy Pete gave us a fascinating lecture about being a cowboy in Australia. I didn't get the horse's name:
3) Pete talked about working with the cattle too:
4) After the lecture, it was a little rough walking for Linda, so she came into the dining hall on the arm of Pete:
5) We had drinks and a steak dinner at Wetherby's - Pete sang American and Australian cowboy songs during and after:
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver